Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY20 Prius & Prius Plug In

Devon Aygo

Toyota have announced details of the upcoming MY20 Prius & Prius Plug in:

MY20 PRIUS & PRIUS PLUG-IN

• MM19 with Smart Phone Integration (Android Auto & Apple CarPlay)
  • TSS2 with Lane Trace Assist, Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control, & Cyclist Detection
  • Acoustic Vehicle Alert System (AVAS), sound generated to alert pedestrian and other road users at speeds between 0mph - 12mph
  • DCM - Data Communication Module for connected car functionality with MyT app
  • Introduction of Gasoline particulate filter (GPF)  White Pearl (070) is replaced with Platinum White Pearl (089)

MY20 PRIUS EXCEL GRADE REVISION Additional specification:

• Excel will be equipped with Panoramic View Monitor (360° camera)

MY20 PRIUS PLUG-IN EXCEL GRADE REVISION

• Prius Plug-in Excel will be equipped with driver’s electric seat height adjustment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota have announced details of the upcoming MY20 Prius & Prius Plug in:

MY20 PRIUS & PRIUS PLUG-IN

• MM19 with Smart Phone Integration (Android Auto & Apple CarPlay)
  • TSS2 with Lane Trace Assist, Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control, & Cyclist Detection
  • Acoustic Vehicle Alert System (AVAS), sound generated to alert pedestrian and other road users at speeds between 0mph - 12mph
  • DCM - Data Communication Module for connected car functionality with MyT app
  • Introduction of Gasoline particulate filter (GPF)  White Pearl (070) is replaced with Platinum White Pearl (089)

MY20 PRIUS EXCEL GRADE REVISION Additional specification:

• Excel will be equipped with Panoramic View Monitor (360° camera)

MY20 PRIUS PLUG-IN EXCEL GRADE REVISION

• Prius Plug-in Excel will be equipped with driver’s electric seat height adjustment

Do You say there will be new Prius & Prius Plug In, to Europe ?

6 hours ago, john p williams said:

Should this not read MY21 ?

Nope unlike Corolla & Rav Prius has not had a MY20 yet so this update will be MY20, updated cars are already arriving at dealers now 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HSDish said:

Do You say there will be new Prius & Prius Plug In, to Europe ?

Not an all new model just specification updates which are arriving at UK dealers now, can't comment on EU timescales or availability though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.

Sadly enough I don't think they will reach Sweden, though.

(topic above)

22 hours ago, HSDish said:

Thanks.

Sadly enough I don't think they will reach Sweden, though.

(topic above)

Can you buy from Norway or Denmark?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, johalareewi said:

Can you buy from Norway or Denmark?

I'm not sure.

Think there is quite high import costs anyway.

My main reason to buy this upgrade would bee electrical adjusted driver seat and , maybe integrated android auto

On 10/27/2020 at 9:15 AM, HSDish said:

I'm not sure.

Think there is quite high import costs anyway.

My main reason to buy this upgrade would bee electrical adjusted driver seat and , maybe integrated android auto

DCM for MyT would be very nice too

• 8 months later...

Prius - the daddy of Toyota hybrids and still a brilliant car.  Can’t understand why they don’t sell as they used to. They don’t seem to have the niggles the latest Corolla does.

4 hours ago, Catlover said:

Prius - the daddy of Toyota hybrids and still a brilliant car.  Can’t understand why they don’t sell as they used to. They don’t seem to have the niggles the latest Corolla does.

Maybe the design, not to everyone’s like although it’s mostly done for aerodynamic purposes Toyota could have done it slightly better and more traditional, but they have Corolla saloon and TS to offer as alternative , they still have high numbers of sales combined together, plus been a long run winner Prius soon or later will retire, people fancy a change 👍 used  Prius currently is cheaper than Corolla, and perhaps better car overall. 

I dont see the Corolla as an alternative to Prius. Corolla is a new Auris badged as a Corolla. The Auris was smaller then a Prius, and the Corolla is smaller too (except TS and saloon as you). And they do a PHEV in Prius.

In the UK, the decline in Prius sales began after 2010 (the best year for Prius with 10.6K sales), which coincides with the introduction of the Auris hybrid. Plus the market sector the Prius was in also began to decline, which is why no direct replacement for the Avensis was introduced. Sales of the Prius and Prius PHEV January to April 2021 were only 410, compared to 6155 for the Corolla.

Many ph drivers went from Prius to Hyundai and Kia, with particularly these models ionic in all three variants, Kona electric,  Kia Niro in all variants, some drivers were really happy with the change but some reports the Prius is unrivalled, and I can agree since I have acces to ionic now in ev version , I did some research on the hybrids they offer and although they are really good cars I believe that no car manufacturer has better  hybrids to offer than Toyota. As ev variants Hyundai and Kia can offer more currently but the hybrid Toyotas are the one to pick IMO. 

• Like 1