Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.33 VVT-i TR tyre recommendation

v1nny

Hi all, I picked up a 2012 Yaris 1.33 VVT-i TR 5-door just under 2 months ago, and I've been lurking about here, so I'm please to meet you all 🙂

There's a possibility I may need to drive up and then back down between London and Glasgow this late December, and I've had a budget of around £300 for a new set of tyres for a while. Normally I would take the train or fly, but I'm not comfortable with either option considering the current circumstances. My existing tyres (175/65R15/84H) seem to have a decent amount of tread with no issues from what I can see, but I've always fancied the idea of starting fresh with a full set. They are currently:

• Front left: Arrowspeed AS-S01
  • Front right: Dunlop Sport BlueResponse
  • Rear left: Constancy LY688
  • Rear right: Habilead ComfortMax AS

I would like to know what you would recommend considering that I do mainly short trips around London and on average do about 1.5k miles a year. It will be much colder up north, but I just want to get up there safely, and I'm not planning to drive any further than outside of Glasgow. From what I've read, it may not be necessary to get winter tyres, and I also don't have the space to swap back and forth between summer and winters.

Therefore, what do you think about getting some all-season tyres instead? I checked https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Toyota/Yaris.htm and various sources such as Youtube, and the Michelin CrossClimate, Goodyear Vector 4Seasons and Bridgestone Weather Control A005 seem highly rated and recommended. Has anyone used them and can advise?

Many thanks for reading 🙂

Kind regards

Fwiw I had Dunlop Blue Response Sports fitted all around to my Auris 1.33L in early 2016 and they came in at £266 all fitted (bought on-line from and fitted by the AA). They have been and still are excellent. Very grippy and quiet. That would be around 27k miles ago. 

You don't need anything other than normal tyres for the majority of the road network in the UK. 

Whatever you decide on, make sure they are 4 of the same make/model/size/type! I am amazed how no-one has yet pointed out that having 4 totally different makes, models & types on a car at the same time is not a clever idea!

Thanks @john p williams for the recommendation. A bit pricey there. However, I was able to find them alteratively via Blackcircles (https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/kumho/solus-ha31/175/65/R15/T/84/f?tyre=35580392) for £61 per corner. Is this the same tyre, but instead specced for my Yaris?

Nevertheless, I will check out MyTyres, as they seem to have stock of the popular all-season tyres although quite pricey, such as the Continental AllSeasonContact, Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G2, Uniroyal AllSeasonExport 2, Michelin CrossClimate+, Hankook Kinergy 4S2 H750, Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus, and Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo.

Thanks @wildtapholer, I just had a look and the range of tyres seem to be exactly the same as National which makes me think they are the same company. The only all-season tyre I can see from TyreShopper/National which are currently in stock are the Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus for £74 per corner fully fitted.

Thanks @CPN, I'm very well aware of that. The tyres came with the car, but as I've said, I've budgeted and prepared to replace all 4 with a brand new set.

• Like 1