Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 stranger noise on deceleration

mflorant

Hi all

I have a strange sound coming from the front -don't know from where exactly- when decelerating/braking quicker or descending from a hill and braking.

Mechanic did my CVT oil drain and fill with the filter change, after this it started to have the noise.

Anyone had similar?

Please check the last 2 seconds of the video to hear the noise

No, I actually haven't. But the noise appeared almost right after the transmission fluid change.

But I'll check to be on the safe side.

Sometimes **** happens Did you change in some trust worth garage?oryginal fluid? I’ve change after 60 000 in manual and as well wondering to change it again because I bought at Toyota dealer but oil was from barrel and haven’t seen the package either bill ;(9b428f253fc3298fbff5c12b6d5b8432.jpg

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

4ebafbf296fb58aaf02d95e455447712.jpg

You need to have phd at Toyota to change the gear oil

• Haha 1

I have been looking up info how to change the transmission fluid on a toyota CVT. It seems that the mechanic has to pay attention to the fluid temperature, because if the fluid is hot, the fluid in the CVT expands. When you drain and fill then, you will have not enough fluid in the transmission. 

Perhaps your garage started working on your car right after you drove to them so fluid was way too hot?

7 minutes ago, TOYOpeter said:

I have been looking up info how to change the transmission fluid on a toyota CVT. It seems that the mechanic has to pay attention to the fluid temperature, because if the fluid is hot, the fluid in the CVT expands. When you drain and fill then, you will have not enough fluid in the transmission. 

Perhaps your garage started working on your car right after you drove to them so fluid was way too hot?

I brought it there in the morning and they returned it in the early afternoon. Maybe this is what happened. At this moment it is in the garage, so they are going to fix it, I hope.

Thanks for the advises.

Very good news 

Problem sorted out, the service sid some mistake when they changed the fluid, they did not explain what.

Know it is working perfectly. Thanks for the advises 👍

Hope that they did not caused any future damages in the gear Box

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links