Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise from rear of C-HR

david scott

Taken car for 3rd service telling dealer there's a Motion noise coming from rear wheels when at 30/40 mph came back to saying that there is (uneven tyre wear) causeing the noise...this i have never hered of from static rear wheels so i had the rear wheels put on the front and yes the noise is now on the front !!! having talks with Toyota will keep you posted...anyone out there had or having the same noise?

Uneven wear causes  tire noises. This happens due to the  contact between the road and uneven tires. The unbalanced tread depths cause  to make loud noises and usually you will hear sounds caused by uneven wear coming from one tire. That's why you hear it from front when changed  the rear tyre to front. Otherwise . Alignment issues can also cause tire noises. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SabrinaF said:

Uneven wear causes  tire noises. This happens due to the  contact between the road and uneven tires. The unbalanced tread depths cause  to make loud noises and usually you will hear sounds caused by uneven wear coming from one tire. That's why you hear it from front when changed  the rear tyre to front. Otherwise . Alignment issues can also cause tire noises. 

Agree.

I got problem with uneven tyre wear, causing noice, on both our Prius + 2017 and on our Prius Plug In 2015 (gen 1).

Both those Prius has no rear wheel angle adjustment possibilities and that's  probably part of the problem, makes them moore prone to uneven tyre wear.

Think C-HR got adjustable rear wheels , though

So are you saying that it could be a one off duff tread tyre and putting new tyres on will make it ok...or is it likely to sound off again 20,000 + miles down the road?

1 hour ago, david scott said:

So are you saying that it could be a one off duff tread tyre and putting new tyres on will make it ok...or is it likely to sound off again 20,000 + miles down the road?

I think it's a good idea to check the wheel alignment ( dont know if thats the correct word in English but it's about wheel angle adjustment ) if You'll buy new tyres

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links