Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.5 petrol or hybrid? Which would you recommend?

dave hendy

13 minutes ago, dave hendy said:

The 20 plate hybrid was registered 12th June and has 1750 miles on it as of our test drive. It has dual zone climate control and keyless start. They want £15900.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should buy Hybrid, CO2 is big problem these days and you will sell your car easily in 5-6 year time. I don't understand people buying classic manual gearbox  petrol car for mainly city driving. Hybrid are so easy and relaxing to drive. And they consume less gasoline. I don't mind noise when accelerating, every car makes it especially small ones. 

27 minutes ago, dave hendy said:

The 20 plate hybrid was registered 12th June and has 1750 miles on it as of our test drive.

Presume it was used as a courtesy car.

31 minutes ago, dave hendy said:

The 20 plate hybrid was registered 12th June and has 1750 miles on it as of our test drive. It has dual zone climate control and keyless start. They want £15900.

Offer 15k , and if they refuse, walk away.

Presume it was used as a courtesy car.

I believe so

The new Yaris is probably the best bet but 20k is ridiculous i ended up getting a pre reg Renault Clio 100 TCE and love it also saved £6000 over the Yaris anyways am outta here with having the Clio now.

2 minutes ago, Eddie G said:

anyways am outta here with having the Clio now.

Is this the new Clio or the previous generation?

Best wishes

New one in Iconic spec with manual gears, enjoyed the club👍

On 11/1/2020 at 1:47 AM, Eddie G said:

The new Yaris is probably the best bet but 20k is ridiculous i ended up getting a pre reg Renault Clio 100 TCE and love it also saved £6000 over the Yaris anyways am outta here with having the Clio now.

You didn't saved 6k, can't compare these two car, Yaris Hybrid is better car. Good luck with tce you will need it. 

We spent the morning at the garage and got to drive a 1.5 MT, a 20 plate hybrid and a new Yaris Design. First off, the new car is lovely and by far the nicest to drive even in the terrible weather we had. Luckily we drove the older cars first so it was easier to give them a fair go.

The 1.5 MT was okay but my wife struggled with the 6 speed gearbox which put her off a bit, we thought that the car was a bit slow for a 1.5 but it had only done 30 miles from new. They had the option of white or bright red which looked good.

The 20 plate hybrid had dual zone AC but otherwise was the same spec as the 1.5. We found it quite noisy on hard acceleration compared to the new Yaris and didn’t have much go without hard acceleration. It was fine at normal driving and we could live with it. My wife didn’t like the older design gear lever and centre console area. Neither of us particularly like the colour, a darker red than the manual model, it wouldn’t be a colour we would pick and we don’t know if we can live with it?

The new Yaris drives better in every way and is a match for a German model.

Which is the right car for us, I am not sure [emoji848]

The 1.5 will cost us £4K, the 20 plate £6.5k and the new Yaris £12k, plus the wait time for the new car might be 3-6 months [emoji15]

Hopefully we can reach a dissuasion by Monday

Well a decision has been made, a slight twist, my wife decided she couldn’t live with the colour of the hybrid and the new Yaris was too expensive at the moment (that’s another story) we are getting a 1.5 petrol MT in Nebular blue registered 30th June with 16 miles on it. It cost another £340 over the white but she loves the colour.

We collect it Wednesday afternoon and become a one car family. I will miss my iQ2 and her, her Aygo [emoji22]

Whether we have made the right decision, time will tell, but with big changes coming we will see[emoji848][emoji106]

Thanks again for your advice, I did take it all in.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nasamorpheus said:

You didn't saved 6k, can't compare these two car, Yaris Hybrid is better car. Good luck with tce you will need it. 

The Clio is in the same market sector as the Yaris, only went on sale in 2019, has a five year 100,000 mile new car warranty and is also available as a hybrid. Whether it is a better car than the Yaris is a matter of opinion. Obviously the member is happy with their purchase and as it suits their needs, there really there is no need to knock their choice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dave hendy said:

8e5882142865b466b7388c6dce36bf96.jpg

Good choice, nice looking car in great colour. If you enjoy driving a manual and if it suits your needs no need to be a hybrid for sure . , perhaps the next one when the time comes. Enjoy the car and many trouble free miles. 🚙👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nasamorpheus said:

Better sound insulation, good MPG, bigger, great ride and feels like a bigger car, 5 year 100,000 warranty and £6000 less to buy i also like the design far better. The new Yaris is only available with CVT and in hybrid form, i don't cover large amount of miles and am no fan of CVT, yet both the new Yaris and Corolla are only available this way along with the price it was a no brainer to jump to another make.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 6:17 PM, nasamorpheus said:

You should buy Hybrid, CO2 is big problem these days and you will sell your car easily in 5-6 year time. I don't understand people buying classic manual gearbox  petrol car for mainly city driving. Hybrid are so easy and relaxing to drive. And they consume less gasoline. I don't mind noise when accelerating, every car makes it especially small ones. 

In 5-6 years people will be looking at full EV not hybrid, manual gears are far more involving in a good way, it's a car not just a mode of transportation to get me from A to B.

3 hours ago, dave hendy said:

Good engine the 1.5 far better then the 1.33 and good colour 👍

7 hours ago, Eddie G said:

In 5-6 years people will be looking at full EV not hybrid, manual gears are far more involving in a good way, it's a car not just a mode of transportation to get me from A to B.

Different people different needs, as I said GL with Clio 

11 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Clio is in the same market sector as the Yaris, only went on sale in 2019, has a five year 100,000 mile new car warranty and is also available as a hybrid. Whether it is a better car than the Yaris is a matter of opinion. Obviously the member is happy with their purchase and as it suits their needs, there really there is no need to knock their choice.

Sorry didn't mean to knock their choice but he knocked our choice of buying Toyotas with writing on Toyota forum that he saved 6k and bought Clio. He is comparing almost the cheapest Clio with most expensive Yaris Hybrid. 1.0 tce is one of the cheapest with reason. It is very gutless mediocre shaky engine which drinks lot of gasoline (6.3l/100km) and oil and has manual gearbox with 5 speed and is 3cylinder turbo charged known for its "reliability"  and has 11.8 second from 0-60 (which is same performance as old Yaris Hybrid with ecvt described here as gutless from some ..). As I said I wish him good luck with his choice but comparable Clio Hybrid is priced almost the same as Yaris Hybrid. If you comparing cars like that then he could buy Dacia and save even more altough then spent price difference on fuel and maintainance cost. We should all sell our Toyotas because these days everysingle other car is better..VW Renault Skoda Ford..

11 hours ago, dave hendy said:

Nice colour. This and the grey is what I would choose for the Yaris. 

Enjoy it. If in a couple of years u fancy a change to the hybrid then can trade it in, so not too much to be concern about. 

On 10/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, dave hendy said:

We spent the morning at the garage and got to drive a 1.5 MT, a 20 plate hybrid and a new Yaris Design. First off, the new car is lovely and by far the nicest to drive even in the terrible weather we had. Luckily we drove the older cars first so it was easier to give them a fair go.

The 1.5 MT was okay but my wife struggled with the 6 speed gearbox which put her off a bit, we thought that the car was a bit slow for a 1.5 but it had only done 30 miles from new. They had the option of white or bright red which looked good.

The 20 plate hybrid had dual zone AC but otherwise was the same spec as the 1.5. We found it quite noisy on hard acceleration compared to the new Yaris and didn’t have much go without hard acceleration. It was fine at normal driving and we could live with it. My wife didn’t like the older design gear lever and centre console area. Neither of us particularly like the colour, a darker red than the manual model, it wouldn’t be a colour we would pick and we don’t know if we can live with it?

The new Yaris drives better in every way and is a match for a German model.

Which is the right car for us, I am not sure emoji848.png

The 1.5 will cost us £4K, the 20 plate £6.5k and the new Yaris £12k, plus the wait time for the new car might be 3-6 months emoji15.png

Hopefully we can reach a dissuasion by Monday

One of the reasons I chose my Yaris, was because it had 6 gears. 🙂 I was used to driving 2 litre Mondeo TDCI etc. 🙂
So for the odd longer distance journey, it would not struggle.

6 hours ago, nasamorpheus said:

Sorry didn't mean to knock their choice but he knocked our choice of buying Toyotas with writing on Toyota forum that he saved 6k and bought Clio. He is comparing almost the cheapest Clio with most expensive Yaris Hybrid. 1.0 tce is one of the cheapest with reason. It is very gutless mediocre shaky engine which drinks lot of gasoline (6.3l/100km) and oil and has manual gearbox with 5 speed and is 3cylinder turbo charged known for its "reliability"  and has 11.8 second from 0-60 (which is same performance as old Yaris Hybrid with ecvt described here as gutless from some ..). As I said I wish him good luck with his choice but comparable Clio Hybrid is priced almost the same as Yaris Hybrid. If you comparing cars like that then he could buy Dacia and save even more altough then spent price difference on fuel and maintainance cost. We should all sell our Toyotas because these days everysingle other car is better..VW Renault Skoda Ford..

Gutless? it has a turbo! the 30-60 mid range is very good and i've owned a GR Yaris before which felt no quicker mid range wise, engine fine and not eating loads of petrol so far with 50 miles done and still saying full fuel.£6000 more for CVT gear box and hybrid tec is way too much i've only seen one new Yaris on the roads and am not expecting to see anymore anytime soon at the prices they are asking.

6 hours ago, nasamorpheus said:

We should all sell our Toyotas because these days everysingle other car is better..VW Renault Skoda Ford..

Only you have said this.

Enough has been said. Back to the topic subject - "1.5 petrol or hybrid? Which would you recommend?"

• Like 1

The Yaris looks really nice in that colour. Well done.

9 hours ago, Eddie G said:

i've only seen one new Yaris on the roads and am not expecting to see anymore anytime soon at the prices they are asking.

I've seen two new Yaris's on the road in the last week - a (filthy) dark red one overtook me on the motorway and a white one went past the house.

32 minutes ago, Vinylseats said:

I've seen two new Yaris's on the road in the last week - a (filthy) dark red one overtook me on the motorway and a white one went past the house.

The red one may be the same one i saw 😂 could be with the price they are asking for them!