Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.5 petrol or hybrid? Which would you recommend?

dave hendy

As far as hybrid prices go I don’t think £20k is unreasonable.

• Like 1

Dealer told us that the problem was supply not the price as there is plenty of demand. We would have had to wait around 4 months as we wanted a specific spec[emoji15][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Yaris looks really nice in that colour. Well done.

Colour is a matter of taste, but I made a strange encounter when I looked for my Yaris Hybrid. The first car I drove was dark blue metallic, just like the car shown above. If you would have asked me earlier I would have said: I love blue metallic!

But when I saw the car, I was not impressed. It is my personal theory that there are colours which suit for big cars and colours which suit for small cars.

The next car I drove was white with a pearl effect, with a black top and tinted rear windows. If you would have asked me earlier I would have said: A barbie car, and a little bit pimp.

But when I saw the car, I was pleased: The colour job made the car look light and elegant, precious and expensive. I bought it.

897062e5937693007b110891994c4c53.jpg

(The picture shows the car with its winter tyres. The summer wheels are the same as the blue car shown above)

But after all, it is a matter of personal taste.

Best regards from Bavaria

Frank

• Like 1

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, Frank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampleman said:

Colour is a matter of taste, but I made a strange encounter when I looked for my Yaris Hybrid. The first car I drove was dark blue metallic, just like the car shown above. If you would have asked me earlier I would have said: I love blue metallic!

But when I saw the car, I was not impressed. It is my personal theory that there are colours which suit for big cars and colours which suit for small cars.

The next car I drove was white with a pearl effect, with a black top and tinted rear windows. If you would have asked me earlier I would have said: A barbie car, and a little bit pimp.

But when I saw the car, I was pleased: The colour job made the car look light and elegant, precious and expensive. I bought it.

897062e5937693007b110891994c4c53.jpg

(The picture shows the car with its winter tyres. The summer wheels are the same as the blue car shown above)

But after all, it is a matter of personal taste.

Best regards from Bavaria

Frank

Yes you are right, colour is a matter of taste and different car sizes & shapes suits different colours. Your pearl white with black imo is definitely nicer than the blue and many other Yaris colours. 

I have an all white one which is ok, but I prefer the grey colour after having a different car in white for 4 years. 

• Like 1

Agreed for the colours, I also like pearl white colour the most for all Toyota hybrids, don’t know why maybe because was the one Toyota chosen for introduction of the hybrid in other models in 2010 with the first gen Auris, but the colour for me never been so important as what is inside the car, especially under the bonnet and how it drives. The magic with the Toyota hybrids is still alive and very few people that ever driven one or owned one move away from them unless they jumps into a full ev game. I also do enjoy driving a manual cars a lot, but won’t exchange hybrid for manual as everyday car or work car. , manual is only fun when you drive occasionally, once you start commuting or more often journeys in towns and cities that’s it, it is not a fun anymore. 

• Like 3

Yes every Yaris Hybrid review tends to go "not as fun as a ford f... blah blah...". Not for me.

33 minutes ago, exim said:

Yes every Yaris Hybrid review tends to go "not as fun as a ford f... blah blah...". Not for me.

Yes Simon, so let`s all try and keep this wonderful secret to ourselves and let the other non -Toyota owners lose sleep and worry what will go wrong next ?

Nice car. Like the colour. Enjoy.:thumbsup:

I bought mine as I liked the colour. Island Blue.

James.

Toyota.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/5/2020 at 3:12 PM, john p williams said:

Yes Simon, so let`s all try and keep this wonderful secret to ourselves and let the other non -Toyota owners lose sleep and worry what will go wrong next ?

Some cars have 7 year warranties and in my Renault's case a 5 year one so i am not losing sleep.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, Catlover said:

As far as hybrid prices go I don’t think £20k is unreasonable.

20k for a small car is a tad expensive to say the least.

• Like 1

Cars prices and anything else are out of place in recent years .from  £12k was polo now it’s vw Up, Golf was starting from £18 and now is £23 which was the staring price of a Passat, wt, , iPhones were £549 now from £799 , pretty much everything. My Auris top spec in 2010 was around £19k now Corolla excell starts at £29000 +£10k for the same specs car?! It’s the times we live in at the moment. Pound is weak, inflation high and manufacturers greed. Corona, brexit and who knows something bigger around the corner., £20 k for a Yaris hybrid is reasonable IMO. Toyota hybrids will stay 5 more years on the roads , others will disappear sooner. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie G said:

And a Leaf at £30k, a Fiat 500 EV at 20k. It’s where the market is unfortunately.

Toyota is dragging its feet. $25,000 Tesla on its way.

And a Leaf at £30k, a Fiat 500 EV at 20k. It’s where the market is unfortunately.

Can’t imagine trouble free motoring with a Fix It Again Tomorrow EV. [emoji1787]

The car makers have said once the cars can drive themselves, then they won’t be selling them. More profit from leasing / taxi use.

2 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Toyota is dragging its feet. $25,000 Tesla on its way.

I hear what Musk has said, but I will believe it when I see it. How many have they made so far. Think it’s a case of put your name down and be in a long queue.

Tesla not a great cars to own not the best after sale service and care, reviews really a mixed bag. They also has removed their entry level model 3 from availability to buy in us, don’t know about Uk , I lost interest about it a year ago,  Toyota will sell well their hybrids for a good few years in Uk as these are the only cars that makes really sense to purchase if you about a new car and don’t want to buy full ev. What else to get and why? If it’s an electric car then you have a long list to choose but if it’s a hybrid then you have Yaris, Corolla, Prius and Camry as options or go for suv and pick a RAV4, or perhaps get a Lexus. 

Hybrid is the best option if cannot go full EV for whatever reason i.e cost/range no home charging option etc. 

MG EV base model can be bought for 20k now. I want to go ev but not able to charge at home and also cost is out of my reach atm, want the Zoe ze50 GT line. In 18months+ time I may have a change of address to have a charge point install and cost comes down on a used 2 years old ze50.

Even when Toyota brings out an ev I will wait for 2-3 years to be within my budget. 

Although I'm fairly content with the Yaris hybrid, really want to get my hand on the Zoe 50kwh 135bhp with instant torque and quietness. 

Screenshot_20201117-111746.jpeg

New petrol cars are banned from 2030, Battery tech isn't quite there yet and the materials to produce the batteries is high demand and short supply, what it in turn raises the prices

£20k  is a lot of money for a small car but if you spec up a VAG or Mini you are into the mid £20k plus

As they say never buy the first or last year of a model

I have to disagree with not to buy last year of model.

Large discounts are available, the problems with them have been sorted and many have extra kit fitted as standard. 

6 hours ago, Bemused2 said:

I have to disagree with not to buy last year of model.

Large discounts are available, the problems with them have been sorted and many have extra kit fitted as standard. 

The only problem buying the last year of model is that the second hand value initially drops very quickly.

Only really an issue if you keep the car for a short period.

I was quite happy buying one of the last mk3 Yaris, but do intend to keep it at least 5 years [emoji848]

There is nothing on it that is new technology so I hope it will be 100% reliable as Toyota’s normally are. The only disappointing thing compared to the new model is the Touch 2 system that doesn’t have Apple car play but a phone cradle attached to the centre vent and connected via the USB lead gives instructions from the car Speakers [emoji106]

Okay it doesn’t drive as nicely as the new Yaris but it’s better than the 2008 model, which is the latest Yaris we owned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Hybrid all day long. Fantastic discounts and 0% finance from brokers. You won't get another hybrid for less than 20k and this one is one of the best if not the best of the smaller cars.