Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to re-enable Smart Locking

BigRedSwitch

Some time ago I disabled Smart Locking via the car's Setup/Vehicle menus.  I now want to enable it again but I don't know how; the Setup/Vehicle menu is "greyed out", iyswim.

Does anyone know how to re-enable this feature?

Thanks.

Should be able to do it in car, turn car on into ready mode wait approx' 2 minutes and press setup on audio display > then select vehicle > door lock > and enable smart entry.

Thanks Lee. It was the wait 2 minutes bit that I didn't know about. Is that so all the circuits can energise?

51 minutes ago, BigRedSwitch said:

Thanks Lee. It was the wait 2 minutes bit that I didn't know about. Is that so all the circuits can energise?

The head unit prioritises audio & navigation function so the customisable functions take a little while to appear.

Lee, I waited two minutes or so and the "Vehicles" menu item did become available. I pressed it and all I was offered was "Toyota Park Assist Settings".  But I'm a patient guy and I decided to give it a bit longer but after three minutes nothing changed.  Am I not patient enough? 

Page 611 of manual attached should cover it, you can also do it via Mytoyota if you have registered and linked your car

OM12J31E.pdf

Thanks for the manual Lee but in itself it didn't help.  I did find out where I was going wrong though.  When I tried yesterday I had the motor in "Ready" mode; today, I thought I'd try it in "Accessory" mode.  I got to the Setup/Vehicle menu and there again under "Customisable Features" the only item was the Park Assist settings.  Then I had inspiration and thought that perhaps "Customisable Features" was not the screen title but, in fact, another menu item.  Bingo!

The annoying thing about all this that I had switched off Smart Entry myself a year or so ago and completely forgotten how I did it.  This forum is so useful.

Thanks again.