Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The horn on the Corolla is of such a low volume that I have heard children's toy car one louder. Seriously though Does anyone else agree that the volume and tinny sound is very dangerous. If you are in fast moving traffic it cannot be heard outside of the vehicle by other road users. I don't suppose there is a substitute or any adjustment?

Yup, we've had this discussion before. I likened it to a braying donkey. A couple of people here have replaced theirs.

• Like 1

My one in Auris gen 1 sounds exactly the same when weather is dry and warm, when is cold and wet especially after a heavy rain sounds very proper, it’s almost as good as the ones from a big track. Maybe there is something in connection with water ingress or bad wire connectivity, I always forget to check when servicing the car and just learned to live with it. , your cars are new that’s a surprise you have a similar experience. 😅🎷🎺

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 10:34 PM, mrmick53 said:

The horn on the Corolla is of such a low volume that I have heard children's toy car one louder. Seriously though Does anyone else agree that the volume and tinny sound is very dangerous. If you are in fast moving traffic it cannot be heard outside of the vehicle by other road users. I don't suppose there is a substitute or any adjustment?

Have you tried listening the horn while you re outside the car? Try it and you will notice a different , not as powerful as on lorry but significantly better than what you can hear from inside the car.

Our 1.2 '97 Auris is a fine car. We like Toyota ...but ...to put a pathetic 25p moped horn on a car it taking the p***

i had a car drifting to us on the M25 this summer  .. we were only moving at 50-55 mph and the guy on my right in his Beemer must have though there was a fly in his car.

this is a serious defect for what is a reputable car maker of choice. It's no just the Auris ... my two Hilux had inferior horns, my daughters Yaris has ...an equally pathetic sound volume horn

can toyota Uk please learn from the french or rover and add proper volume hooters! 

Why should I have to upgrade the horns for them! 

Bg