Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 1 Yaris revival project

Hadhodrim

Hi,

I have 3 first-gen Yaris in my garage in different condition.

1, 2002 (French-made) 1.0 petrol 5 door with custom paint (neon green), custom interior (T Sport seats, black surfaces everywhere), Koni suspension, TTE spoiler, widened front fenders, custom front lights (black background). (previously owner did all the modifications, had a built 1.5 turbo engine in it, but sold it off separately sadly with the brakes and exhaust system)
2. 2001 T Sport  5 door grey color, full stock, pristine interior, but the rear is destroyed until the manifold (even that is broken to pieces, but the chassis is structurally sound), been in this condition for 2 years at my aunt, just towed in yesterday.
3. 2002 T Sport 3 door without any interior, or body parts (whatever part was removable without cutting was removed), but everything else is in excellent quality (engine, transition, brakes, gearbox, exhaust etc).

My plan is to transfer all mechanical parts from the 3-door T-Sport to the 1.0 Yaris (except the suspension), maybe get T-Sport bumpers and back lights and call it a day. (maybe later install a turbo or a bigger engine in it like a 2ZZ or something)
For the crashed T Sport, I'm thinking of fixing the engine, getting the necessary body parts (hood, front fenders, rocker panels, front bumper, lights, paint the new parts to the same boring color as the rest of the car)

My question is, would the facelift T Sport bumpers and lights be compatible with these cars? Also, are there parts that needed for these projects that should be aftermarket ones for better quality/performance? I don't plan to go "full !Removed!" with these cars, maybe taking the green one to the local tracks sometimes with my friends, but my main goal is to make 2 pristine condition cars for long term. I know that I could just sell everything and buy a more powerful, newer model but somehow I just love these !Removed! too much to let them go.

Bumpers fit right on, being 01 you also need the facelift headlights but they can be none T-Sport. 
if you get T-Sport lights both front and rear they won't directly plug in because the French made uses different connectors, however they can be made to fit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links