Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 limit for tracks/artists?

WelshGasman

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if there are any limits to the Touch 2 re artists/tracks on a USB stick.?

I was looking for an artist (Wishbone Ash) and it was nowhere to be seen in the W-Z entries.?

At first I thought that perhaps I had not copied that artist to the USB drive, but after it locking up a few times, I managed to find it in the index.?

However I was wondering if the Touch 2 choked if supplied with  too much music.?

I have around 120GB of music, probably over 25K tracks. I believe it reads the files for artists?, so all my Various Artists albums will increase the amount of artists.?

TIA

That isnt going to happen, the touch 2 hasn't got the memory or processing power to index it, 32gb is the limit what is 4-6000 mp3's it also doesn't like to higher bit rate either, folder depth may be another issue, anything over 6 folders deep will cause indexing issues

is it a hdd or ssd ? a hdd may well corrupt over time and give bad sectors as the system does not give them enough time to spin down

It is a normal USB stick, so ssd? or just memory just USB3
I have had a Omnifi DMP1 in all my cars for years, but they were older cars and I replaced the radio each time and fitted the DMP1.

With the Yaris, I thought Great!, just get a USB stick. I do not change albums that often, perhaps once a week and as the car is not used too much now, that can be almost once a month. 🙂

Is any of this of any help ....0E03032B-839B-406C-8900-65FB6CCFF805.thumb.png.50a13da007e176c52d448bbec0ce3945.png0DE88820-8105-477A-AA2D-73B02AC09770.thumb.png.278c1b92aaffc448329b3fdbc31fef15.png

Not really my area of expertise but these are the relevant pages from the user manual....

Sorry they are screen shots but didn’t know how else to add them ...

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

Is any of this of any help ....0E03032B-839B-406C-8900-65FB6CCFF805.thumb.png.50a13da007e176c52d448bbec0ce3945.png0DE88820-8105-477A-AA2D-73B02AC09770.thumb.png.278c1b92aaffc448329b3fdbc31fef15.png

Not really my area of expertise but these are the relevant pages from the user manual....

Sorry they are screen shots but didn’t know how else to add them ...

Thank you Graham, I could magnify them, so they were very useful.👍
Seems I am over the limit as far as files go. Folders and Files in folders should be OK, and my folders are not very deep, just Artist/Album
Might have to get some more smaller sticks in that case.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that it can also play flac files if I remember correctly. I have a 64GB Samsung FIT USB 3.1 stick (because of it's super small form factor). It's currently loaded with 1000 songs.

According to the page in the infotainment manual I posted above, file compatibility is limited to mp3/WMA/AAC .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links