Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Manual for Alphard Hybrid 2005 model

Gregory Gyepesi

Hi All,

can somebody send me or give me a link for a service manual download for the above Alphard type please? It is rather expensive everywhere to download from the sites they claim they have it.

I do believe that it should be a part and a necessity for a car and not asking for money to have one with it.I would be happy as well to at least have a customer support e mail address as well for the Japan Mainland Toyota Alhpard supplier to ask for it myself if it comes to that. I also after a way that I can get the English version of software for the HU at the car so I would be able to use the full range of it's capacity and know how to use all the useful options on it.  Thank you for your help!

The Alphard was never officially exported to Europe, which is why Toyota Europe don't supply owner manuals.

The Japanese equivalent of the annual vehicle test (MOT in the UK), called Shaken, is a lot more strict than other those of countries and gets stricter and more expensive as the vehicle ages. 

This makes for a ready market of used vehicle imports in some countries, especially the UK which is RHD like Japan, where the annual vehicle tests are less strict and used Japanese Domestic Market vehicles would still pass the annual vehicle test.

There isn't just one supplier in Japan of these vehicles.

The same would apply for other Japanese car manufacturers and grey imports of their vehicles.

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Alphard was never officially exported to Europe, which is why Toyota Europe don't supply owner manuals.

The Japanese equivalent of the annual vehicle test (MOT in the UK), called Shaken, is a lot more strict than other those of countries and gets stricter and more expensive as the vehicle ages. 

This makes for a ready market of used vehicle imports in some countries, especially the UK which is RHD like Japan, where the annual vehicle tests are less strict and used Japanese Domestic Market vehicles would still pass the annual vehicle test.

There isn't just one supplier in Japan of these vehicles.

The same would apply for other Japanese car manufacturers and grey imports of their vehicles.

so than what is the solution?

1 hour ago, Gregory Gyepesi said:

so than what is the solution?

Presumably to obtain an English owners manual from a third party. Did you buy the car from a dealer? If so, they may be able to provide some information on where to buy a manual.

As regards recalls, Toyota GB can provide some support in case your vehicle is subject to a recall. If you're not in the UK, you need to contact your area's Toyota distributor. See:

It's a JDM car so it will be in Japanese, iirc there is an Australian company that translates them

The radio is JDM spec so will be in Japanese it will also have the Japanese radio tuning steps

The GSIC or service manual is designed for internal dealer use, you could have a look on http://www.toyota-tech.eu last time i looked its 4 euro an hour

Alphard user manual

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-ALPHARD-2-4-3-0-2002-2008-OWNERS-MANUAL-HANDBOOK-SERVICE-BOOKLET-/383207458211

46 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's a JDM car so it will be in Japanese, iirc there is an Australian company that translates them

The radio is JDM spec so will be in Japanese it will also have the Japanese radio tuning steps

The GSIC or service manual is designed for internal dealer use, you could have a look on http://www.toyota-tech.eu last time i looked its 4 euro an hour

Alphard user manual

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-ALPHARD-2-4-3-0-2002-2008-OWNERS-MANUAL-HANDBOOK-SERVICE-BOOKLET-/383207458211

Great info Mate Thanks a million.

The e bay manual looked quite cool but it isn't suitable for hybrids unfortunately.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably to obtain an English owners manual from a third party. Did you buy the car from a dealer? If so, they may be able to provide some information on where to buy a manual.

As regards recalls, Toyota GB can provide some support in case your vehicle is subject to a recall. If you're not in the UK, you need to contact your area's Toyota distributor. See:

Thanks a million!

Right now we are residing in Germany so I am a bit puzzled by a few things.

I also bought a new key 4 buttons but I found no usable guide of how to program it to the car.

Any idea how could I do it?

i would think it would be the same as the Estima or Granvia of the same vintage

• 2 months later...

A New Zealand site on Amazon says it has a Hybrid version. I've ordered one and will let you know. There is also a Russian 'workshop manual' I am trying to get.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links