Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav

mrmick53

Hello again.

My sat nav keeps losing itself. I am driving on a established road but the sat nav is showing me in no man's land, maybe some major roads nearby. Any ideas please?

Mick

3 hours ago, mrmick53 said:

Hello again.

My sat nav keeps losing itself. I am driving on a established road but the sat nav is showing me in no man's land, maybe some major roads nearby. Any ideas please?

Mick

If it's a new road built in the last year it may not be on the sat nav data base yet. Toyota do map updates twice a year for the sat nav. I have had the 'no mans land' on new roads in my area at times. It can take a while for the map updates to be current. If you are constantly losing the sat nav though, it may need investigation by a dealer.

8 hours ago, mrmick53 said:

Hello again.

Mick

What map version is installed?

Press "setup" scroll down RH menu, select "Software update"

get the Nav updated, maps & system. In Dec last year mine showed the car driving south west when i was heading north east. The car thought i was in the English Channel & still told me to turn left. It was eventually solved after a couple of trips to the dealer & having the update done twice. 

It may not be your maps! I've seen this when experimenting with different map zooms. At some scales it decides the road you're on isn't important enough to display! Try changing the zoom setting before bothering to install a new mapping - it takes ages and is unlikely to resolve the problem.