Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Update on my 2000 Yaris SR

MyFirstToyota

Hi everyone, 

This is only my second post on here and my first in the Yaris forum, I just wanted to give an update on my £500 yaris 

I have had the car for just under a year now and done 23k miles, over that time the car has had

3 oil and oil filter changes 

2 sets of spark plugs

An air filter

A full set of tyres (splurged a bit and got pilot sport 3's)

An exhaust repair (which delited the centre silencer) 

And a wheel bearing 

Also silly stuff like cleaned an o2 sensor, maf and polished the headlights

I am in this car all day Monday to Friday and it takes some serious abuse down country roads, I have never owned a more reliable car! Couldn't be happier, this car came to me when I desperately needed a car for work and had no money and I am happy to say things are much better now but I am sticking with this car untill the end! 

Screenshot_20201103_221221.jpg

Screenshot_20201103_221154.jpg

Screenshot_20201103_221137.jpg

Screenshot_20201103_221112.jpg

Wow what a great wee car Matthew. You’ve certainly got your money’s worth there. No wonder Toyota Yaris has a great reputation for reliability. Happy motoring 🚗👏👏.

13 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Wow what a great wee car Matthew. You’ve certainly got your money’s worth there. No wonder Toyota Yaris has a great reputation for reliability. Happy motoring 🚗👏👏.

I really have! I was honestly just looking for something to do me for six months, didn't think I would end up with a car I love so much, so cheap to run, and great fun bouncing down country roads. 

20 hours ago, MyFirstToyota said:

I really have! I was honestly just looking for something to do me for six months, didn't think I would end up with a car I love so much, so cheap to run, and great fun bouncing down country roads. 

And you sound like a man who can do your own mechanical work, which makes it an even better car for you. As a matter of interest what mileage and service history did it have when you bought it??

A great little story. Had mine over a year (cost £400 lol) and for the MOT one wheel bearing and rear brakes. That was it. Just get in it and drive, Cracking cars.

On 11/4/2020 at 8:08 PM, Bernard Foy said:

And you sound like a man who can do your own mechanical work, which makes it an even better car for you. As a matter of interest what mileage and service history did it have when you bought it??

I just do mantainance stuff myself, I have learnt the hard way that I am no mechanic! 

Your going to love this, 100k miles and absolutly no service history, the original owners manual though and two keys, but I saw so many other cheap cars that where so dodgy I just had a good feeling about this car, it ran really well was rust free with a good clutch and the guy selling it was honest, which is rare! 

The paint on the poor car looks like someone washed it with sandpaper unfortunately... 

3 hours ago, MyFirstToyota said:

I just do mantainance stuff myself, I have learnt the hard way that I am no mechanic! 

Your going to love this, 100k miles and absolutly no service history, the original owners manual though and two keys, but I saw so many other cheap cars that where so dodgy I just had a good feeling about this car, it ran really well was rust free with a good clutch and the guy selling it was honest, which is rare! 

The paint on the poor car looks like someone washed it with sandpaper unfortunately... 

OMG, you have fallen into the river and emerged completely dry with a salmon in every hand 😂👏. Getting a car like that is extremely rare😮. I wouldn’t worry too much about the paintwork the important thing it’s reliable, it gets you to where you’re going and back again, the paintwork could possibly be enhanced a little by a bit of elbow grease 🚗. Most people wouldn’t have touched it with a barge pole 🤔. You are obviously an astute judge of a motor. Good luck you will probably get another 100K miles on it with your maintenance knowledge.🚗.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of reliability:
My wife had a 2003 Yaris 1.0 and put >365,000 Km's on the clock. Well maintained, amazing little car!
The only things that ever failed were a rear wheel bearing, the "serpentine style" exhaust manifold, which rusted away from the cylinder head flange and both the headlights getting misty.
She then installed a new Battery, 4 new tires and had the clutch replaced, before giving the car with tears in her eyes, to our daughter who, as a just graduated vet, desperately needed a car for work to heal animals all over the country.

Daughter had it for more than two years and added another 80,000 Km's without any problems.
She ended up selling the Yaris to an elderly lady for € 750, who is still using it to do her daily shoppings and is very happy with it.
Wow! 💪

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links