Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Corolla Brake Issue

Antaa999

Hi guys,

I'm hoping that one of you might be able to help me out with a brake issue that I'm having with my 2006 Toyota corolla. I've recently changed my brake pads on both sides. I've replaced the rotors, brake pads, and caliper. However, my front driver's side brake makes a grinding noise when coming to a slow stop. The noise showed up after a few days of driving in new pads.

What could be the problem?

- Adam

Hi,

Could be several things, so best to whip the wheel off and check the pads and disc for signs of any damage or obstruction or loose bolts.

Did you replace the pads, discs, calipers on both sides, must always be fitted in Axle pairs ?

Was the hubs mating surface carefully cleaned before fitting the new discs ?

No mention of the caliper slider pins.

Does the car pull up evenly when braking hard , meduim or lightly ?  No signs of the steering pulling to one side or steering wheel wobble when braking hard at high speed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like a possible ABS fault to me,if dirt has got between the ABS Pick up ring on the Driveshaft it can activate the ABS at very low speeds,take the ABS fuse out and try braking on a quiet road if it doesn't make the grinding noise you'll need to clean the ABS sensor and pick up ring on the driveshaft.My 2005 d4 d does it with the fuse in and not with the fuse out.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 9:08 PM, SID1919 said:

Sounds like a possible ABS fault to me,if dirt has got between the ABS Pick up ring on the Driveshaft it can activate the ABS at very low speeds,take the ABS fuse out and try braking on a quiet road if it doesn't make the grinding noise you'll need to clean the ABS sensor and pick up ring on the driveshaft.My 2005 d4 d does it with the fuse in and not with the fuse out.

Yes, you're right. It was ABS fault. Thanks!

• Like 1