Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid owner looking for a city car too

30th_November

I bought a 62 regd Auris hybrid in August, very happy with it. We've been living with 1 car during lockdown and hoping it might end soon am looking at a "City" car. We want an auto with low or no VED tax. We drove a 2010 Aygo, loved the car but the MMT was "not to our liking"! Reading up a bit the mark 2 Aygo seems to have an "X drive" instead of an MMT. Was this a real improvement or just marketing speak?  I know the later Yaris's have CVT but would prefer an Aygo sized car if we can find it with a decent auto.

The X-shift is a development of the Multi Mode Transmission - haven't seen any issues reported on the Aygo club for this. It is again a manual transmission with an automated clutch. The Citroen C1/Peugeot 108 use the same transmission.

Thd VW Up/Skoda Citigo/Seat Mio also used a manual transmission with automated clutch (ASG), and these can cause issues. VW Up now only available new with the lower powered petrol engine. Petrol versions of the Citigo and Mio dropped.

The second generation Hyundai i10 (2014-2019) and current Kia Picanto use a torque converter gearbox.

The Mitsubishi Mirage uses a CVT.

Thank you very much for the fulsome reply. Are there any comparisons between the MMT and X-shift, as to how improvements were felt by the driver?

What about an IQ 2 or 3 a bit better built than the aygo, and has the CVT Auto

Thank you for your welcomes and help. Considering the iQ, is there somewhere that explains the different trim levels/specs, eg what's an iQ2 or iQ3? 

• Like 1