Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Verso Flasher location

zelda89

Hi,

I have a 2013 Toyota Verso 1.6 petrol and the indicator sound is too quiet. I saw online a mod where you can still some holes into this relay cover to make it louder which I'd like to do but cannot locate it in the car. Does anyone know where this flasher is?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zelda

quite agree indicator volume pathetic as on my 2015 model useless above idle, have to watch light on dashboard to make sure it cancelling. I believe it a dangerous fault.  . Asked dealership but no joy, basically lump it. As for positioning not sure cars today have flasher unit like old days which were dead easy to change, think more of an electronic noise. May be wrong though. I did enquire with an auto electrician who said they could fit something but at the time still under warranty and could void it. Please let me know if you have any success 

• 1 year later...

Ok I hope this helps for those interested but I've finally located the Flasher relay. It's located just below the top dash as pictured. The way I accessed it was by removing the top vent and Speedo and I removed it with one hand, blind.

I 'ripped' it off the clip and then removed it from the harness. It was really tricky doing this with one hand. Once I got it off I followed this guide YouTube:

IMG_20220911_191457_edit_287898066024298.jpg

IMG_20220911_191622.jpg

IMG_20220911_183756.jpg

It seems a tiny bit louder and if I'm honest I've wouldn't bothered as it was such a pain to do this. I hope this helps anyone who's interested

I drove the car this morning and if I'm honest I can hardly tell, may be 5% louder so not really worth the hassle. If anyone else has another solution to make indicator sound louder then that would be appreciated. At least we now know where the flasher is located

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this for anyone interested. Having driven the car for a couple of weeks since doing this mod, I can confirm it is slightly louder. My wife can hear a noticeable difference. When I originally tested I had the radio blaring out but when driving to Radio 5, I can actually hear it more now.