Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid battery with high milage?

nielshm

Hello Guys. 

Does any one have a Toyota hybrid vehicle with high milage, and still running on the original hybrid Battery

Does it seems to hold the same power, as when the car was new, or do you feel Battery power dropping? 

Please note model, age and milage. 

Hi, 

I have Toyota Auris Hybrid T Spirit from 2010. The car has covered 159000 miles for 10 years and the last 100k miles were made in 2 years time. The car is on its original batteries., both 12V and the 200V hybrid pack. So far I have no issues with either of them and I hope I can continue using the car for another few years and 300k miles. ,Toyota gives stickers for that achievement 😊 I  don’t know whether the 160k miles are to be considered high tbh as there are so many cars way beyond this digits. As maintenance I had cleaned the air cooling intake and all pipes and filters and water proof the rear lights clusters as water and dust are biggest threat to the hybrid batteries in boot. I haven’t noticed any degradation in both batteries and we have another exactly the same car just 2 years newer and only 60k miles, both cars drives the same and batteries behave same way. Well that’s my experience so far. We love our cars, even my other half was about to go full ev and decided to keep her Toyota hybrid  for another few years instead . 👍

Now thats good news in terms of long time ownership. I read some where, that only a small amount of the hybrid batterys capacity is used for daily drivng. The reason should be to compensate degration, so the owner experiences the same amount of power, even if the Battery really is loosing capacity. 

• 4 months later...

Prius b 2005 92,000. Prius b 2007 152,000

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links