Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2020 Hybrid

Alan1952

Can anyone advise me if the new Corolla 2020 Hybrid has a TPMS reset button. My Dealer tells me that it’s either under the steering wheel, or in the glove compartment. I can’t find one anywhere but my warning light is permanently on and the tyre pressures are all fine. 

image.thumb.png.dbe3d3d13606e1cc8fd8052ee5a55505.pngimage.thumb.png.cc65676080a73ec6c05444cb8d6769d4.png

Page 570 and 571 show how to reset the TPMS. Make sure you get the cold tyre pressures correct before you reset. Be aware that the low profile tyres are sensitive to temperature change, so it is likely the warning light will illuminate again on a cold frosty morning, but it will go out again by mid day.

• Like 3

Many thanks Tim. I continue to be amazed by the number of owners who have not read their Handbook.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, john p williams said:

Many thanks Tim. I continue to be amazed by the number of owners who have not read their Handbook.

Yes John, it is a big manual as well. When I got my car (well sadly before actually!) I had a good read. Being used to a car that only needed about 80 pages before (!), the size of the Corolla manual was a bit daunting! But I keep in on my PC desk top now, so if I get a moment of inspiration wondering if I can do this or that, I know where it is for quick reference.

1 minute ago, john p williams said:

Some of us never even got one, I had assumed that Toyota were just doing their bit for the planet but they never told me where to find the download so I just think they or the dealer forgot. That's reminded me to check it because I was wondering if the Corolla had an option to reset Trip A on refuelling. My Jazz did and it was very handy. It seems odd to have to press an old style button to reset it every time I refuel.

I never had a manual-just a handbook but even with the information Timmon has kindly supplied, I am still unable to reset the TPMS. I do not have the vehicle settings option listed and I do not have a meter control switch. Are we talking about the same vehicle here-mine is the 2020 Automatic Corolla hybrid? 

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Some of us never even got one, I had assumed that Toyota were just doing their bit for the planet but they never told me where to find the download so I just think they or the dealer forgot. That's reminded me to check it because I was wondering if the Corolla had an option to reset Trip A on refuelling. My Jazz did and it was very handy. It seems odd to have to press an old style button to reset it every time I refuel.

Fair point Andrue. Is there not an option either to (a) ask Toyota GB by email to supply you with  hard copy,or (b) visit the MY TOYOTA section of the Toyota.co.uk website and view the Manual for your vehicle?

I also have a Lexus GS 450h and both options are available to Lexus Owners. Lexus is a division of Toyota.

5 minutes ago, Alan1952 said:

I never had a manual-just a handbook but even with the information Timmon has kindly supplied, I am still unable to reset the TPMS. I do not have the vehicle settings option listed and I do not have a meter control switch. Are we talking about the same vehicle here-mine is the 2020 Automatic Corolla hybrid? 

Alan, see below my answer to Andrue. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Timmon said:

Yes John, it is a big manual as well. When I got my car (well sadly before actually!) I had a good read. Being used to a car that only needed about 80 pages before (!), the size of the Corolla manual was a bit daunting! But I keep in on my PC desk top now, so if I get a moment of inspiration wondering if I can do this or that, I know where it is for quick reference.

I`m a bit like you Tim. When I got my Lexus 6 years ago I felt it was vital that I read the Manual immediately. I was surprised to discover that it was substantially more voluminous than the (then) Scottish Government`s Document on leaving the UK !

I read our Yaris` Manual on -line as the previous owner had lost it.

39 minutes ago, Alan1952 said:

Are we talking about the same vehicle here-mine is the 2020 Automatic Corolla hybrid? 

All Toyota hybrids are automatic.

Toyota stopped supplying hard copies of the full owners manual with new vehicles around 2014, and made available digital copies to download. The following site should enable you to download the full owners manual either by entering your VIN or by doing a generic search - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Alternatively you may be able to order and purchase a hard copy of the full owners manual from your dealer - cost is around £30 due to the fact the print runs are low volume.

With all of the new Japanese and Korean vehicles (21) we've had, the full owners manuals have been at least 400 pages. The hard copy of our Aygo manual is 464 pages. The owners manual for our i20 is 581 pages and the multimedia manual 652 pages.

• Like 2

I got a hard copy of my corolla manuals by emailing toyota uk. They sent them to me FoC. Perhaps I was just lucky . 

i actually find the pdf version easier to search as the index doesn't always use the same terminology I do. I still like having a paper version as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alan1952 said:

The 'meter control switch' is not labelled as such - what you need are the four 'arrow' switches that surround an OK button on the left of the steering wheel. Pressing the left or the right arrow should take you to the settings option in the centre display and allow you to reset the TPMS.

Best of luck !

• Like 1

Hi Peter, Yes I understand the function of the four arrows but none of the settings allow me to reset the TPMS as the option is not there. I have come to the conclusion that it’s not possible to reset the TPMS from inside the vehicle. Alan

Thats odd, as I have a 2020 excel, and the TPMS reset option is there 🤔

2 hours ago, Jiff said:

I got a hard copy of my corolla manuals by emailing toyota uk.

Full manual or the abbreviated manual?

1 hour ago, Alan1952 said:

Hi Peter, Yes I understand the function of the four arrows but none of the settings allow me to reset the TPMS as the option is not there. I have come to the conclusion that it’s not possible to reset the TPMS from inside the vehicle. Alan

It's possible that it's hidden depending on whether the car is 'on' or just in accessory mode.

It can be done from the steering wheel, I have done it on mine and it goes something like:

Right/left buttons, with OK in the centre, press right arrow about 3 or 4 times til you get to vehicle settings, scroll down to TPWS, press and hold OK,  says something like "pressures" press and hold OK, it will flash the tyre pressure light, and go out after a few seconds. That has reset the TPMS light 

• Like 1

My dealer said I was one of the last to get a printed manual, which is abbreviated. As Frostyballs said, the full manual is on line, and that is where I went and downloaded it, as the abbreviated manual is great for basic look up's but not so much for more complex settings .

Thank you so much Parts-King! I have finally succeeded in resetting the TPMS! I would never have been able to do it without your help as there is no information in the Handbook on how to do it. Alan

45 minutes ago, Alan1952 said:

Thank you so much Parts-King! I have finally succeeded in resetting the TPMS! I would never have been able to do it without your help as there is no information in the Handbook on how to do it. Alan

👍

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

It's possible that it's hidden depending on whether the car is 'on' or just in accessory mode.

That's exactly what I was thinking Andrue. I have reset  the TPMS by following the handbook info without problems. 

• Like 1

Do it with engine on, it might well be hidden in accessory mode, it might also be hidden whilst driving. You would be surprised at the number of people say "It's greyed out, I can't access that" because they are driving the car and trying to change some setting 🙄

• Like 2

I ordered my car in March this year and received a full hard copy user manual.  I had downloaded both short and full variants of the manual prior to collection (in June!) and found them a pain in the backside to navigate when checking out features, give me a hard copy for quick reference any day😉

I took delivery of my 2019 Corolla in June last year. It came with a printed manual/handbook. All the instructions are there for various models and body styles, a lot of which is irrelevant to my model and, I might add, rather confusing... so I went through the book and put a line through the stuff that didn't apply. It was a lot!  

But at least everything I need to know is in there and with me in the car if ever I have a query or problem while out on the road. 

Strange that not everyone gets a proper handbook. Personally I find digital documents difficult to navigate and use so am glad I got an old school printed word version. 😃