Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2020 Hybrid

Alan1952

1 hour ago, Velvet--Glove said:

I took delivery of my 2019 Corolla in June last year. It came with a printed manual/handbook. All the instructions are there for various models and body styles, a lot of which is irrelevant to my model and, I might add, rather confusing... so I went through the book and put a line through the stuff that didn't apply. It was a lot!  

But at least everything I need to know is in there and with me in the car if ever I have a query or problem while out on the road. 

Strange that not everyone gets a proper handbook. Personally I find digital documents difficult to navigate and use so am glad I got an old school printed word version. 😃

I agree with you Chris.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:31 PM, Timmon said:

When I got my car (well sadly before actually!) I had a good read. Being used to a car that only needed about 80 pages before (!), the size of the Corolla manual was a bit daunting! But I keep in on my PC desk top now, so if I get a moment of inspiration wondering if I can do this or that, I know where it is for quick reference.

Likewise here TIM - a long time before I got my car, I'd downloaded the full manual and got familiar with quite a bit. Having a PDF version is actually handy as you can bookmark pages in Adobe Acrobat so you have things important to you readily accessible. Plus general search capability. I have a PDF manual on a tablet I often have with me and the large screen helps if you want to look something up when in the car especially when configuring something  via the head unit menu.

Looking forward to the day when I can talk to the car directly and ask it questions. Google Assistant and Android Auto aren't quite there yet with that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke717 said:

Likewise here TIM - a long time before I got my car, I'd downloaded the full manual and got familiar with quite a bit. Having a PDF version is actually handy as you can bookmark pages in Adobe Acrobat so you have things important to you readily accessible. Plus general search capability. I have a PDF manual on a tablet I often have with me and the large screen helps if you want to look something up when in the car especially when configuring something  via the head unit menu.

Looking forward to the day when I can talk to the car directly and ask it questions. Google Assistant and Android Auto aren't quite there yet with that!

If we ever get to the point where our cars can understand what we're saying I'm going to have to watch my mouth when driving in traffic 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, AndrueC said:

If we ever get to the point where our cars can understand what we're saying I'm going to have to watch my mouth when driving in traffic 🙂

I talk to my phone a lot (Android = Google Assistant), asking questions. The same in the car with the responses coming via the car speakers. Depending on your paranoia level, it constantly listens to everything you say and probably remembers all of it... 🤖

I just talk to my self while driving! The dash cam picks it up if I ever play some back, me muttering about the  bizarre actions of my fellow motorists, usually! If the car starts answering back, that will be unnerving. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 11:05 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Full manual or the abbreviated manual?

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was sent a 640 page owners manual so I hope that wasn't the abbreviated version. Its code is PZ49X-12L35-EN  V1. I also got the Navigation & Multimedia System Owners Manual 222 pages PZ49X-12L60-EN.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:31 PM, Timmon said:

Yes John, it is a big manual as well. When I got my car (well sadly before actually!) I had a good read. Being used to a car that only needed about 80 pages before (!), the size of the Corolla manual was a bit daunting! But I keep in on my PC desk top now, so if I get a moment of inspiration wondering if I can do this or that, I know where it is for quick reference.

When ever I get a new or used car I read the Manuel sat on the toilet passes the time😁

• Haha 1

Hi ,

Can someone please advise wether the alert message volumn be turned down in Corolla SX but not silent it ?

Cheers,

Desmond

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, Alan1952 said:

Can anyone advise me if the new Corolla 2020 Hybrid has a TPMS reset button. My Dealer tells me that it’s either under the steering wheel, or in the glove compartment. I can’t find one anywhere but my warning light is permanently on and the tyre pressures are all fine. 

Hello,

Vehicle Settings --> TPMS if I am not mistaken and then reset.

Regards,

Adelmo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links