Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch Screen stopped working

roks

Hi All,

Not sure what happened but the touch function does not work. Camera and the buttons working.

Anyone see this before?

Thanks

Well, took it apart yesterday, there appears to be a burn mark on one of the tracks on the digitizer. Guessing cleaning material made its way in the somehow.

I've ordered one of eBay from china, hope that is yet and nothing else. If that the doesn't work, could I replace the unit from another Auris?

There appears to be a lots of them from the Hybrid versions, will there those work in mine?

Thanks

The screen boards are the same, I take it you have a Touch being 2013, I have replaced a few Touch2 screens what where cracked or scratched

I take it you have tried the reset and calibration in the hidden menu(s)

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

I take it you have tried the reset and calibration in the hidden menu(s)

😕 Didnt realise there was one....

Found a complete unit (86140-02330) with satnav module (86840-0W013) attached, with the satnav module work?

Thanks

It's the same as the touch2 hidden menu

yes the nav will work just make sure it comes with the patch leads you will also need the GPS antenna

• Thanks 1

Thanks mate, its got the main cable G is attached but there appears to be another small cable H in the picture thats missing.

satnav-auris.jpg

Edit:

This is the unite I am thinking of buying might just use the whole thing if it works.:

1040903668_ebay-satnav(2).thumb.jpg.32d23f51cab8a6a01878ca7734e973a5.jpg

Cant do the hidden menu as the touch function is not working....

• 2 weeks later...

Got the screen digitizer replaced, still not working. Either the new digitiszer is faulty or there is a wider issue with the unit.

Will a unit from a hybrid model work on a petrol?

Your best off fitting the same part number as the existing one, sounds like you may have cooked the driver on the display board

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

Your best off fitting the same part number as the existing one

Thanks, for the same price, I found a Touch 2 & Go from a Petrol car, I went to pick it up so I tried it on but not all the wires connect.

I was left with this wire (see pic), nowhere to fit, any idea what this is for?

Also the radio was hissing even when I pressed radio off knob, is wiring loom is different for Touch 2?

Regards

20201129_133250.jpg

20201129_133329.jpg

20201129_133313.jpg

The loom should be the same, did you have the aerial plugged in ?

16 pin is for the aux in/usb and comes from the multimedia interface the touch2 has this built in

40 minutes ago, flash22 said:

did you have the aerial plugged in ?

I think I did...

44 minutes ago, flash22 said:

touch2 has this built in

So by not connecting that cable, I am not losing any functionality?

Only the factory usb and aux but if you had the same unit it wouldn't have had that anyway

be careful with USB leads off eBay the ones I have got were wired wrong

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Only the factory usb and aux but if you had the same unit it wouldn't have had that anyway

So the usb port next to the seat heater switch will not work? So where does the USB cable from back of the unit go? I thought that went to the usb plug on the dash? ...sorry Bob try be clear.

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

be careful with USB leads off eBay the ones I have got were wired wrong

I guessing you are talking about the link cable between the satnav and radio? The cable is attached to the unit.

The Touch2 is the later radio 2014/15 onwards

In the early Auris the usb from the dash goes to a multimedia control box that then plugs back into the factory radio via the 16 pin connector you asked about

The Touch2 does NOT use the multimedia control module the Usb plugs directly into the touch2 via a grey 4 pin plug

So to use the usb you need to make a cable/add a new usb port

GPS should be the GT5 type, remove the USB port and see if it's the same type of plug as there are a few variations

On 11/30/2020 at 1:07 PM, flash22 said:

GPS should be the GT5 type, remove the USB port and see if it's the same type of plug as there are a few variations

Appreciate your help Bob,

It appears that the GPS and DAB connectors are different on the Touch 2. The inside connector is round where as on the Touch its square.

I think I can live without the DAB for now.

dab-gps-socket.jpg

The earlier GPS is the GT5-1s, sorry my mistake, The touch2 uses an SMB connector with Toyota housing

gps.thumb.jpg.2b115121f4ba139f8769c0d2cfd835f8.jpg

As you have the nav module the usb plugs in to it and not the DA

On 12/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, flash22 said:

sorry my mistake

Not necessary mate, you've been very helpful.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, flash22 said:

usb plugs in to it and not the DA

Correct, but the DAB antenna goes in the DA, and its the mirror image of the GPS antenna (smb)

13 hours ago, roks said:

Not necessary mate, you've been very helpful.

Correct, but the DAB antenna goes in the DA, and its the mirror image of the GPS antenna (smb)

Correct, you can use an SMB female and hot glue it in place pics for reference, same goes for the DAB

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/263024-entune-retrofit-basic-non-nav-non-jbl-entune-swap.html

You know what, I completed forgot that i added the information about the DAB/GPS to the Touch2 thread, also found the manufacture of the connectors

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, finally my touch 2 with Go arrived, its from May 2014, so I guess its touch2 gen1.

Everything seemed to work at first, including the USB until I put it in reverse. The reverse cam does not work!!!

I am guessing that 16pin connector has something to do with it. I have a feeling I need to connect the 16pin cable to the 24pin connector on the Touch2.

Is there any converters or is there a easy hacks?

Any pin outs for the 16 pin connector?

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links