Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 MY21 Catalytic Converter Location

Theo_s

Hi all,

I just joined this forum as it contains a lot of useful information.

We are about to purchase a new (MY21) Rav4 2WD Design but I am a bit concerned about the many stories on the Internet about catalytic converter thefts from other (older) Toyota hybrids.

I believe Toyota has drastically reduced the amount of precious metals in the converter in newer models. My dealer also mentioned that the converter in new (2020 onward) Ravs has been relocated and it is difficult for somebody to access and steal it.

We are overstretching our budget for this car and before we make a move I just wanted to confirm if indeed the catalytic converter is now in a hard to reach location.

Can somebody provide more information please? In addition, are there any additional security measures we can take even if the converter is in this new location?

Thanks

2.5 hybrid uses the A25A-FXS looks like the cats come off the head (manifold is part of the head)

google is your friend

2.5 hybrid uses the A25A-FXS looks like the cats come off the head (manifold is part of the head)

Hi flash22. Unfortunately I m not really familiar with the car engine parts.

I 've found this site, http://www.tavalon.net/1462/engine.html, which has some diagrams about various parts of the engine. Can you please point me to the one related to the cat?

Thanks

That's it, it may be in a slightly different position but its up out of the way

Exactly what I have been looking. Thanks.

I believe we can now proceed and purchase the car!