Sign in to follow this  
kingnothing

Hello all!

Recommended Posts

Hello all, I’m a late starter to driving and at the age of 43 I’m almost ready for my test but there’s been loads of delays with lessons etc. Anyway, I’ve been given a 2000 Corolla 1.4 off a friend. It’s got a couple of dings in it but it seems to run ok. Look forward to finding out more about Toyota’s and hoping my own will continue to work for at least another couple of years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Tom....hope all goes well with your Corolla..nice gift and should prove reliable..!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, kingnothing said:

Hello all, I’m a late starter to driving and at the age of 43 I’m almost ready for my test but there’s been loads of delays with lessons etc. Anyway, I’ve been given a 2000 Corolla 1.4 off a friend. It’s got a couple of dings in it but it seems to run ok. Look forward to finding out more about Toyota’s and hoping my own will continue to work for at least another couple of years. 

Hi Tom, what a nice friend you have, welcome to the TOC. Find out from your friend when the car had its last service and any service history that you can. You can then decide if you need to give it a good check over before doing a lot of motoring in it. The best of luck with your driving test.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Tom, what a nice friend you have, welcome to the TOC. Find out from your friend when the car had its last service and any service history that you can. You can then decide if you need to give it a good check over before doing a lot of motoring in it. The best of luck with your driving test.

Thanks Bernard, its MOT'd until next September and I've they've given me all the invoices of any work that's been done on the car. As it's my first car, I'll probably have it in for a full service before I do any significant driving in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kingnothing said:

Thanks Bernard, its MOT'd until next September and I've they've given me all the invoices of any work that's been done on the car. As it's my first car, I'll probably have it in for a full service before I do any significant driving in it. 

Lucky you, from the receipts you are able to determine the service history and equally important is the garages that conducted the work, having said that it looks like you got a well looked after car. You will never forget your first car. I will never forget mine, the only thing that didn’t give me trouble was the registration plates 😂🤣. I spent almost as much time working on the car as I did driving it.🥵😡.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this