Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bad 2 gear shift

zork

I have been the new owner of auris 2018 since the summer. I would like to know if anyone else has a similar problem as me.

Shifting gears in heat is emotionally OK, the same when cold when the car is stationary, but as soon as I advise while driving (cold) speed from 1 to 2 I feel resistance in the lever with a loud "tapping" of the lever, sometimes I do not even shift and I have to depress the clutch  or put the lever in neutral and again in two.  From 3 to 2 it is better but still feel resistance in the lever.  Other speeds are OK.

Over the summer, I didn't notice any problems with the transmission, maybe just a few times when I needed to change gears quickly.

Does the transmission on the Auris have such a feature / cold illness?  Can there be a problem with the transmission?  clutch?

So far, I have noticed that if I want to sort cold from 1 to 2, I have to disable to neutral and then to 2 (sometimes it happens that it does not help), or step on the clutch from 3 to 2 similarly.

The reverse goes ok, although sometimes it happens to me that I have to shift twice (I advise when I'm standing).  But this doesn't bother me much, I take it as a normal thing I was used to on the old Octavia. 

Hi, have you tried gear oil change? If not it’s a good idea to have the car inspected in a garage by experience mechanic, then change the oil with Castrol, their range is great and very often this solves the problems with difficult shifting. Make sure you buy the exact type of oil you need for your car. 
Good luck 

I didn't think about changing the oil, because oil control is in 60 000km, and I have approximately 50 000km. And mechanic in authorization service told me they change oil between 80000 - 100000km.

Ok, if your car under warranty then you should push the dealer to inspect the car, there maybe something wrong with the gear box, gear change should be easy. Oil can loose some viscosity properties over times especially if car is driven in hot summers and cold winters, 50000 km not that much but if all other components been checked and they are ok then next step is the oil, needs to be completely drained and inspected for metal debris, best to be changed too.  
Regards 

• Like 1

Thank you for help, i will wait for colder weather and will go to dealer to check it. 

I will let you know the result.

I've no experience with that gearbox, but it doesn't sound encouraging especially if it's under warranty. I've had a couple of cars over the years where 2nd gear would need a more positive shift when the gearbox oil was cold in winter. Once warmed up they were fine.

I had similar on a VW Passat - it would play up around town when the engine was hot. It turned out to be just a sticky ball joint on one of the lower gear linkages, and my independent garage fixed it with a clean-up and a wipe of grease. Phew!  

It could also have been that the up/down linkage had gone out of alignment, but in my case it wasn't tat. How is the change from 3rd to 4th? But either way, I'd say it's one for the warranty if there's any problem. Good luck.

• Like 1