Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing a reversing camera - Yaris 2012

amron

Hi

I own a 2012 Yaris (model NSP130L) and I want to install a reversing camera (it is a part included in a multimedia head unit kit, Chinese, of course). as you know, the camera's cable has to run from the back (through the hinge, I guess) all the way to the front. It seems quite complicated, so, I would like to ask if any of the members has done it and willing to offer any advice, it will help me preventing the need to "reinvent the wheel".

The vehicle is a LHD, but I believe that's the same as on RHD.

Thanx.

don't bother with Chinese tat you are just throwing your money away you may find that you have the wiring for the camera installed if it not a low spec car

Thanx for your reply. how can I tell? if there is a wiring already installed, it's almost like winning the lottery. as for the set - the money is already thrown, so there is nothing to loose.

Well, the joy was premature, I guess. I don't see a loom or a cable with the connector P9 or any other connector with 6 pins. there are two looms, witch their pics are attached, one marked with no.15 delivers among other things the power to the electrical tailgate lock (which I of course forgot to reconnect), the second loom, marked no 21, delivers power to the rear window wiper. there is a small 3 pin connector next to the no. 15 loom & connector. the pictures are attached and of course I'll appreciate any help. if the VIN might help, I'll post it or it can be fount on my other post - about the radio connectors.

Thanx.

IMG_20201113_152516.jpg

IMG_20201113_152608.jpg

IMG_20201113_152704_BURST1.jpg

IMG_20201113_152747.jpg

That loom doesn't have wiring I have checked the number on the epc

looks like you will have to pull in a new cable

Which brings me back to the beginning of this post - if anyone done it and willing to offer any advice, it will be a great help.

btw - epc, what it stands for?

EPC  - Electronics Parts Catalogue

like most cars start at the tailgate (rubber boot) feed it into the tailgate you may find it easier to pull it in with a draw wire or draw tape (A stiff wire to aid routing of the cables)

feed it into the car above the head lining with  the rear boot trim removed pull it down the C pillar and then follow the body loom to the front

Cable tie or tape it in place as you go

I'll try to do it. do you happen to know what is the purpose of the thin cable with the three conductors - blue, brown & black and the connector at the end of it?

IMG_20201113_152704_BURST1.jpg

Thanx for all the help.

perhaps you know something about this - I've seen on Aliexpress this item https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32818846810.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dlOGjI9

if I get it right - it eliminates the need to deploy the camera's cable since it transmits from the camera to the hu.

I think it can be powered directly from the reverse lamp. the +12V is on only when the transmission selector is in "R".

3 hours ago, amron said:

I think it can be powered directly from the reverse lamp. the +12V is on only when the transmission selector is in "R".

Yes: standard method

( I did that when I installed reversing sensors on our Yaris)

Any knows where I can find a point of +12V when the reverse is engaged - in the dashboard?