Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Corolla Exhaust Recording YouTube Video

Devine

Well hello everyone. 

I thought since i work in sound and own a new corolla 2.0 id have a crack at recording the sound of the car in electric mode, and then exhaust from outside and inside.... as well as a rev test to hear the exhaust note.... learnt a few things too!

I watched your review video just after I’d ordered mine, gave some reassurance that I’d ordered the right car! 

the exhaust note doesn’t sound bad considering it’s an eco car! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

I watched your review video just after I’d ordered mine, gave some reassurance that I’d ordered the right car! 

the exhaust note doesn’t sound bad considering it’s an eco car! 

Thanks gray. Yeah but so sad you can't rev it!

• Like 1

I'm impressed you used the paddles, I never bother, they never seem to do anything!  Great video though. Good to see you driving the 2 ltr the way it should be, without obsessing about the Hybrid monitor, just driving it.  Yes, I tried to rev the engine too, it is not possible. The system is designed to maximise the torque of the engine, and red lining it is not the best way to get the best from the engine. Red lining is just for the adrenalin of the driver, and cover the limitations of a manual gear box, due to the lost power while gear changes are made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Timmon said:

I'm impressed you used the paddles, I never bother, they never seem to do anything!  Great video though. Good to see you driving the 2 ltr the way it should be, without obsessing about the Hybrid monitor, just driving it.  Yes, I tried to rev the engine too, it is not possible. The system is designed to maximise the torque of the engine, and red lining it is not the best way to get the best from the engine. Red lining is just for the adrenalin of the driver, and cover the limitations of a manual gear box, due to the lost power while gear changes are made.

I guess you don't buy a corolla for redlining hahaha. But I felt like a royal idiot after realising it wouldn't let me rev.....ah well. Thanks so much for watching  

• Like 2

Hahah , cool video. It does let you rev a bit, but won’t go into the red for sure , and also did you pick the extra noise from something extra spinning on high rpm, that’s the electric motor who spins together with the engine but at very high rpm 16-20k rpm. The sound from the exhaust not pleasant IMO , and sounds exactly like an old car with clogged dpf or catalytic converter, however it pointed to me that here is a potential for car enthusiasts to unlock better performance and sound with just tuning the exhaust system, so you are still gonna have Ninja mode 😂, and when you floor it the car will accelerate and sound better., all you need to let exhaust gases run out faster. 👍🚙🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hahah , cool video. It does let you rev a bit, but won’t go into the red for sure , and also did you pick the extra noise from something extra spinning on high rpm, that’s the electric motor who spins together with the engine but at very high rpm 16-20k rpm. The sound from the exhaust not pleasant IMO , and sounds exactly like an old car with clogged dpf or catalytic converter, however it pointed to me that here is a potential for car enthusiasts to unlock better performance and sound with just tuning the exhaust system, so you are still gonna have Ninja mode 😂, and when you floor it the car will accelerate and sound better., all you need to let exhaust gases run out faster. 👍🚙🙂

Ahhhh i wasn't sure if that high pitch whine was a limiter of some sort trying to kick in. Well.... maybe time to investigate performance exhausts haha

2 hours ago, Devine said:

Ahhhh i wasn't sure if that high pitch whine was a limiter of some sort trying to kick in. Well.... maybe time to investigate performance exhausts haha

That will be a difficult task, not many people if any are going to tune Toyota 2.0 hybrid, but there is a Corolla Hatchback and Saloons in US and Australia’s markets that has the same 2.0 engine without the hybrid system even with manual transmission and over there they will be some parts available, ideas too. This could make one of Corolla in UK and very interesting videos for YouTube 👍🚙

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:21 AM, Devine said:

I guess you don't buy a corolla for redlining hahaha. But I felt like a royal idiot after realising it wouldn't let me rev.....ah well. Thanks so much for watching  

No, I have never been into red lining! My last car had a turbo, and I relied on the Turbo to give me the power I wanted. In fact, the Corolla Hybrid is the most revved engine I have had, the CVT demands it! I am a member of "the other" Corolla group, and that is where I listen to the lads talking about "Red Lining it" and "Lift" whatever that is. The Toyota world is a new one to me, I thought revving engines was the domain of Italian cars, which don't really shift unless you drive them at 5K almost all the time. But it seems a lot of owners are wondering why their engines are shot which baffles me a bit. I did mention that red lining frequently might have something to do with written off engines, but that did not seem to be received as a logical suggestion. What do I know.... Certainly, Toyota engines seem to be pretty tough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmon said:

No, I have never been into red lining! My last car had a turbo, and I relied on the Turbo to give me the power I wanted. In fact, the Corolla Hybrid is the most revved engine I have had, the CVT demands it! I am a member of "the other" Corolla group, and that is where I listen to the lads talking about "Red Lining it" and "Lift" whatever that is. The Toyota world is a new one to me, I thought revving engines was the domain of Italian cars, which don't really shift unless you drive them at 5K almost all the time. But it seems a lot of owners are wondering why their engines are shot which baffles me a bit. I did mention that red lining frequently might have something to do with written off engines, but that did not seem to be received as a logical suggestion. What do I know.... Certainly, Toyota engines seem to be pretty tough.

Same here. I love motors and have always been a bit of a boy racer for the modifications. But ironically hate pushing the engine that hard. I like sound of a car cruising around at a decent 4krpm hahaha 

• Like 1