Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement for corroded alloy wheels

Chris-M

The alloy wheels on my 2009 IQ2 are starting to bubble on the front and back surfaces. Can anyone recommend a set of reasonably-priced aftermarket replacements in the same size.

There does not seem to be any point buying second hand Toyota wheels as corrosion seems to affect most wheels, it seems.

Have had a price for getting them refurbished, should be plenty of local places.

I wanted to get a wheel to use as a spare. All the used alloys I found for sale were in a right state with kerbing etc. In the end I found a seller on a well known internet auction site selling steel rims to fit, so I bought one of them. Yes it does fit. How about getting a set of steel rims and fitting wheel trims if you feel alloys will eventually blister?  

On 11/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, Soeley said:

Have had a price for getting them refurbished, should be plenty of local places.

What was the quote? The paint covering is a bit strange and as it's a chrome finish, difficult to match, I'd imagine

On 11/15/2020 at 8:45 PM, Chris-M said:

What was the quote? The paint covering is a bit strange and as it's a chrome finish, difficult to match, I'd imagine

Sorry, it should have read "Have you had a price....."

When I had mine do before I sold her it was about £40 to £50 a wheel.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I’m based in Essex - I may have my spare set of IQ2 polished wheels for sale with Bridgestone factory tyres and centre caps. Balanced too. Not curbed - may have the odd slight mark but really good condition. Pics attached. If you are interested let me know - will be available end of Jan or early Feb 2021 as my main set are being refurbed.  Thanks. 

50E42363-51BE-4F07-BA37-769FD603B449.jpeg

E2BBAF4D-5E17-43C6-98FC-8DF63D92F199.jpeg

25D93A8F-6233-4575-AEDE-896808F45199.jpeg

5ECEFA40-4243-4F94-90FA-E86E3287A7F5.jpeg

How much are you looking for, for the wheels & tyres? Thanks. Chris

4 minutes ago, Chris-M said:

How much are you looking for, for the wheels & tyres? Thanks. Chris

Hi Chris, the tyres have good tread and the wheels are just like factory new, bar a couple of small marks.  Looking for a decent offer - i know a few people are selling rims only for £220-250, but these are rims and OEM Bridgestone Potenza's with hardly any wear, balanced ready to go.  Where are you based?  Ta.

• 1 month later...

To: EastLondonGuy - are the IQ wheels/tyres still available?