Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 2.0 hybrid possibility?

Jdogg

Hello there, new member here.

Recently drove all of the new Toyota hybrid range, and was blown away by the newer corolla with the 2.0 engine with the newer hybrid system. Then jumped into the new rav 4, that still uses the old 2.5 hybrid i can't help but wonder why that didn't choose to put the 2.0 corolla engine in it. Any idea why they didn't or if they might in the future? 

Cheers

Moved to the Rav4 club.

I rather doubt that potential RAV4 purchasers would appreciate the downgrade ... 😉

The 2.0 hybrid system offers 184 DIN hp and 190 Nm torque compared to the 2.5 hybrid systems 222  DIN hp and 221 Nm torque. So the 2.5 system is rather better suited to the larger RAV4.

A more interesting question would be whether of when Toyota might produce an AWD version of the CH-R, and/or whether the forthcoming Corolla Cross will be available with AWD. There are folk who would appreciate an AWD but don't really need the larger size of the RAV. (As I understand next years Yaris Cross will be available with AWD for those interested in a smaller car.)

16 hours ago, Jdogg said:

Hello there, new member here.

Recently drove all of the new Toyota hybrid range, and was blown away by the newer corolla with the 2.0 engine with the newer hybrid system. Then jumped into the new rav 4, that still uses the old 2.5 hybrid i can't help but wonder why that didn't choose to put the 2.0 corolla engine in it. Any idea why they didn't or if they might in the future? 

Cheers

New Rav4 uses a new engine still a 2.5 but it is the new A25AFXS Dynamic force engine rather than the 2ARFXE used in previous generation Rav4

See HERE

• Like 1

We have had both the old and new 2.5 Rav4 engine and whilst I don't know the physical difference in the new 2.5 I can tell you it does alot more MPG than the old engine and travels further in EV mode also, its supposed to be an all new engine, according to the sales rep anyway 🤣