Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things To Look For...

EarL

Hi guys,

My missus want's a Yaris, and I've convinced her to go for an SR (she wouldn't go the whole hog and get a T-Sport, she wants to take advantage of the lower tax bracket for the 1.3).

Thing is, I'm not too sure what sort of things I should be looking for. The cars we're looking at are only 2-3 years old, so sholdn't be abused to badly, but you knever know. <_<

Any advice?

Simular code of conduct when buying any car i guess, engine condition ie check oil, collant and other engine attributes to see their being kept up, condition of wheels, tyres, bodywork

Like u say if there only 2, 3 years old should still be in good condition, check service history tho incase of any major damage etc

Best bet is 2 see if u can take it for a lil test drive, get a feel for the car

best of luck :thumbsup:

I think all Yarii rattle to some extent .. but its not too bad .. and you'd get used to it i suppose.

If not then turn up the stereo and you'd be fine! :lol:

I seriously doubt the Tax bracket would be a problem. its only 115 a year for the T sport. You will only save about £30 a year by buying an SR!

Get a T sport, we all know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

oh and yeah mine rattles too!

Yeah .. £105 for the tax on my SR .. so if the T-Sport is £115 there isnt much difference. Although there is a fair difference in the engine power .. :thumbsup:

looking for. The cars we're looking at are only 2-3 years old, so sholdn't be abused to badly, but you knever know. <_<

Err.. advice... dont buy one off VMAIL :P hehehe

nah.. most Yarii I have seen have all been in fairly good nick... Yaz (my baby) seems to be the oldest one here... still trying to prove otherwise... and she is still in tip top condition not really too many rattles (mebbe Ive got used to em *shrugs)

Always good to check service history as has been mentioned... you dont want one that has been in an accident and repaired badly etc....

Also listen to it start up (test drive is a defo) see if it pulls straight etc...

When I first took the Yaris for a test drive it was a lovely ride.

what do you mean, mine is a CDX and not a SR... it still drives only 7000 miles since April 2003

Top speed 124MPH

0-60 in 8.3sec

1st Gear Limit 36MPH

2nd Gear Limit 69MPH

3rd Gear Limit 81MPH+(not fully tested yet)

fly through roundabouts at 55MPH

sideward driving from 30MPH (reduce tyre pressure for lower speeds)

stuggles with bends at 80MPH while trying to keep up with zee

Number of wheelspins: 1

does NOT rattle (only when the sub is on)

saved £2000 as its an import

...........rattles and more rattles but they can be helped so wouldnt worry too much

the engine will be noisy since its chain driven but just keep a ear out for loud knock squeeks etc

check the clutch too to see if its slipping i know 2 sr owners who have had slipping clutches before 30k

hope this helps :thumbsup:

i think the tax is almost the same, good choice by the way i wish id got an SR,

make sure its got full service history and dont worry bought it being toyota service history cuz they aint all there made up 2 be!

what do you mean, mine is a CDX and not a SR... it still drives only 7000 miles since April 2003

Top speed 124MPH

0-60 in 8.3sec

1st Gear Limit 36MPH

2nd Gear Limit 69MPH

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

wot mods you been hiding mate?

Top speed 124MPH

0-60 in 8.3sec

1st Gear Limit 36MPH

2nd Gear Limit 69MPH

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

wot mods you been hiding mate?

lightweight driver

lol .. you'd have to be a 4yr old kid .. and even then i dont think u can do 0-60 in 8.3! :lol:

INO theres no way u could get 8.3 outa a 1.3, the t sport is going to b pushing it to get that, dont forget ur speedo aint going 2 be giving u a 100% acurate reading of ur speed

so it could be 0-54(60-10%) in 8.3sec

*merely sighs and shrugs...

AutoCar figures state that an unmodded 1.3 CDX should make 0-60 in about 11.5 seconds... where you getting the extra ~3 seconds from?

scratchchin.gif

Ok, guys... no fighting! :D

Thanks for the advice. She seems intent on an SR and not a T-Sport (yeah I know it's a shame, but you can't win 'em all).

We've seen one in that nice electric blue with 14k from new (it's a 2001 model), 1 owner, full Toyota service history (!) and it's been fitted with a Clifford Cat 1 allarm.

The geezer is asking for £5800. It drives like a dream. :thumbsup:

Wot d'yall think?

Seems fine... I can't remember when the SR got tamed tho'? Think it was '01... that was when they quit using the short-stroke T-sport engine, and started using the joint-effort Diahatsu 1.3 motor and made'em in France rather than Japan. They also got a chrome exhaust triminstead of a 3.5inch Remus backbox.

I got mine in '02 and requested a Jap built one which they got me, and it has the 2NZ-FE which is the short stroke T-Sport engine i believe?

The only thing didnt get is the 3.5" TTE exhaust and got the chrome tail pipe instead .... guess i just missed out! :(

But still .. its a cracking car! Your missus should love it! :thumbsup: