Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery replaced

Barneyboy1

Hi all, We hope you’re all keeping well👍, my Yaris Edition is a 2012 1.0 3 cylinder, we have owned it since new and has been absolutely faultless in this time, we have fairly recently ( September ) gone from 3 cars to 2 my daily driver a 1963 series 2 a Land Rover has now gone to a new owner, which has resulted in the Yaris being used daily for my commute to work, in our ownership we have never replaced the Battery and I felt after at least 8 1/2 years it was due a replacement especially with winter on its way, I ordered from euro car parts on Thursday and it was delivered Friday, I have this morning taken out the old one and replaced it, however my reason for posting is that when the Battery came out a plastic tray was sat underneath it with 2 locating lugs to seat it so when the Battery is fitted and the clamps are nipped up it’s not going to move, thankfully I lifted off the small plastic tray and the 2 bolts that hold the main battery holder were rusty so I wire brushed them and then brushed kurust on them, I also noticed an earth strap which I have circled which was a little bit green so again I wire brushed and greased it,I’m certainly glad I removed the plastic tray and thought it might be of interest to other owners 👍 Once spring has come back around I will whip it off again and tidy it up, apologies for the long winded explanation 😉cheers and keep safe Paul n Tash

256CEDA4-8A4C-4048-98C0-CB4D3AC6807B.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links