Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Auris 2016 model have battery management system?

rajivrattna

Wanted to change a 4-5 year old Battery in our Auris before winter and knowing from my BMW and Mazda experience that cars with Battery management system need to be reprogrammed for the new Battery, I was wondering if Auris had similar problem or not. Is it as easy as just going and buying a battery of the same specification as the original and changing it as in our old Aygo?

No probs with fitting my 2014 1.6 petrol Auris. I just ordered a Varta replacement from Tayna, and it dropped straight in and fired up straight away. No radio codes to remember either.

My Battery was six years old, and it was still going strong. (I'm keeping it on a trickle charger to run some garden lights.) Four years seems a little bit early, hence the question?  

Just to be clear, I meant IBS intelligent Battery sensor on the negative pole as a part of Battery charge - discharge management. It is a non hybrid vehicle. Does the Battery change require registering the new battery through Toyotas own garage?

5 minutes ago, Countrylad said:

No probs with fitting my 2014 1.6 petrol Auris. I just ordered a Varta replacement from Tayna, and it dropped straight in and fired up straight away. No radio codes to remember either.

My battery was six years old, and it was still going strong. (I'm keeping it on a trickle charger to run some garden lights.) Four years seems a little bit early, hence the question?  

Do you have that IBS black box on the negative terminal as I have? Thanks for your reply.

8 minutes ago, rajivrattna said:

Do you have that IBS black box on the negative terminal as I have? Thanks for your reply.

You've got me there. Never heard of that one, unless it's the black box gizmo that young drivers use to keep their insurance premiums down. That's fitted to the Battery, as I recall? https://www.rac.co.uk/insurance/black-box-insurance

There should be no issues with the monitoring system... my 2010 Auris has it (Battery monitoring on the negative pole) and there have been zero issues with Battery disconnects. 

My original Exide Battery is still in place and approaching 11 years old now. Funnily enough I did a little battery discharge test only three days ago to try and gauge how its holding up (headlights on for 20 minutes) and it seems fine. Curiously the Stop/Start has worked better than ever since then... theory being the discharge and subsequent high charge rate it will have then accepted has activated the battery plates and lowered the internal resistance slightly making the ECU think the battery is in better shape.

11 hours ago, Countrylad said:

You've got me there. Never heard of that one, unless it's the black box gizmo that young drivers use to keep their insurance premiums down. That's fitted to the battery, as I recall? https://www.rac.co.uk/insurance/black-box-insurance

I was referring to the black thingy on the negative terminal side of the battery. Perhaps "black box" was the wrong word that I used. It is known as IBS. Sorry for the confusion.

IBS, wifes got that, Irritable Bowel Syndrom, nasty   .........  oops!  Sorry, wrong forum.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Catlover said:

IBS, wifes got that, Irritable Bowel Syndrom, nasty   .........  oops!  Sorry, wrong forum.

You beat me to it. 😂

• Like 1

Thank you Mooly for your constructive advice and the link posted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links