Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam installing

Stojom

On trying to install Dashcam ( small apeman) have a dilemma. Can you attach suction pad to grey area on windscreen, believe it to receive remote signal. Quite large compared to other cars. If not means I have to fit lower down or more to left which might affect camera view. Also when fixing cable inside trim is it safe to fit behind A panel where airbag located. Hopefully some of you have fitted one and can assist.many thanks.

1 hour ago, Stojom said:

On trying to install dashcam ( small apeman) have a dilemma. Can you attach suction pad to grey area on windscreen, believe it to receive remote signal. Quite large compared to other cars. If not means I have to fit lower down or more to left which might affect camera view. Also when fixing cable inside trim is it safe to fit behind A panel where airbag located. Hopefully some of you have fitted one and can assist.many thanks.

No problem with either. The dotted area at the top of the screen has no tint or metal and is where signals for gps antennas etc can pick up. A sucker will be fine. The A pillar cover is fine for running  small cables. I have done it on plenry of cars. The airbag wont be affected. If it does you will get a warning light come up on dash. I bought an Apeman mini from Amazon - wished I hadnt though absolute rubbish imo. No customer support whatsoever. Cheap, menu terrible to use, instructions even worse.

I've fitted camera there with no problem. Suction cup wouldn't stick to the dotted area, so I simply stick a disk there which I could then use the suction on that. The cable tucked easily in behind the black rain rubber without having to dismantle any panels.

I fitted 2 Dashcam whilst it was sunny on Sunday afternoon. Both Nextbase, new one went into my Gen4 Prius and that very neatly went on the glass behind rear view mirror and I used the suction cup style of fixing. Then I fitted my older Nextbase into the wife’s Auris hybrid. This had to be fitted onto the dimples so I used the sticky pad fixing system. No real problem with the cable runs. Both units reasonably well hid behind rear view mirror, that in the Auris more so then the one in the Prius. Come mot time I remove the camera leaving just the fixing on the windscreen. I don’t wire in to a fuse box, prefer to just run the cable to a usb adaptor stuck in the aux power socket (what used to be cig lighter).