Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loading and using Techstream

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi pro's 

Thought I'd start up a topic solely on the techstream system.

I'm yet to try loading it up on our family laptop, admittedly a bit sceptical regarding its performance and reliability etc

However, does anybody have a step by step guide as to how to use it?

Or even general comments on how it has helped them out in the past etc?

It would make interesting reading for many im sure.

Cheers

Cheers...

I'm trying to get my hear around this, okay so I've put in the c.d that came with the cable, and I'm presented with 2 options on screen; see pics...

If I select the first file, I get a list of other options...

Where do I go from here?

20201116_202254.jpg

16055584280727574295027368549775.jpg

Hi

If anybody could let me know which version I should select from the 2 on the list in the above list would be a great start please,

Techstream 14.20.019

And

Techstream V13.00.022

Going via a YouTube video, 

I assume I copy and paste the two files...

Mini vci driver for toyota

And

Techstream gts 14.20.019 ndsi

And then follow the prompts...am I on the right tracks?

16 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Cheers...

I'm trying to get my hear around this, okay so I've put in the c.d that came with the cable, and I'm presented with 2 options on screen; see pics...

If I select the first file, I get a list of other options...

Where do I go from here?

20201116_202254.jpg

16055584280727574295027368549775.jpg

Hi

from the bottom picture, click on the second item from the top, that should install the drivers.

Hi all

Could anyone let me know what spec of laptop they're using to enable their techstream to work on please?

I'd really appreciate it guys

Cheers

Sammy

10 hours ago, Stivino said:

I have it on a 12 year old Compaq cq561 with W7.  It works perfectly. 

Thats really really helpful Stivino, cheers for that. 

I spent 4hrs last night in bed researching laptop options to buy. You can tell I'm determined to get this techstream up and running. Been wanting it for years! 

I eventually moved away from lenovo thinkpads, they look the part but finding one in good con and at a decent price is a torture!

Decided on a Acer Aspire one Windows 7 32 bit at just under 50.00...it doesn't have a disk drive I admit but if I copy the files from the cd disk on to a USB flash I assume it'll work the same...and then go from there!

Acer is not a bad laptop maker, but Lenovo is fa superior, formerly called IBM which was the commercial defacto pc/laptop. Lenovo have continued producing quality stuff.

Evening All,

Been working on my techstream again today, managed to get the software loaded etc onto a new Windows 7 laptop I've purchased.

I'm in the Avensis diesel currently testing it but I cant seem to see our model on the options list??? Neither our Aygo model.

Am I going wrong some where? Its picking my vin number spot on!

My computer is offline btw if that makes any difference!

20201129_164139.jpg

i wonder, do you have it set to North America instead of Europe? Might be why it's not showing your models?

On 12/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, garethpaul said:

i wonder, do you have it set to North America instead of Europe? Might be why it's not showing your models?

Hi 👋 

Cheers, finally some input, much appreciated.

You might be right, I recall selecting usa English something or another, my minds playing games with me  I think that was for the language, but maybe it was location, hmmm.

Does this mean I have to uninstall and reinstall everything from scratch again??

Cheers

Evening All...

Quick update, as you may notice, I am not willing to give up on this thread!

Good news, sorted the vehicle options list, I did select North America previously, so stupid, but I found Avensis under Japan, I cant remember if it was listed under Europe now! I couldn't see my Aygo under Japan so I assume that may be under Europe. I guess it means switching between the two depending what vehicle I'm working on!

Anyhoo...I know my threads on the Aygo side, but I found one code come up for the Avensis if anyone can make sense of it please, I've attached a pic!

Otherwise all seems to be working ok...im glad...couple of questions though guys...

1. I have version 14 I think and I believe the latest version is 21...are there differences in between versions?

2. My laptop is operating offline whilst in the vehicle...Do I need to go online to obtain more features etc? Or would that involve paying for techstream usage?

Screenshot_20201206-212451_Gallery.jpg