Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres - Steel Wheels and ET Offset Varience

rogersp

Not sure if anyone is an expert on the above but I have a 2020 1.8 Design ST which I'd like to fit with winter tyres on steel rims and to that end I have a set of wheels and WTs from my daughter's, now sold, Auris so would like to know if there is any variance in a specified ET Offset allowable?

The Corolla specifies and wheel size/s of:

Toyota Corolla 2020 1.8
 Generation: X (E210) [2018 .. 2021]   
 Market: EUDM 
 Power: 121 hp | 90 kW | 122 PS 
 Engine: 2ZR-FXE, I4, Hybrid
 Options: Comfort, Business, Club
 Center Bore: 60.1 mm 
 Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts 
 Torque: 103 Nm
 Thread Size: M12 x 1.5 
 Trim Production: [2019 .. 2021]
Tire 
Rim 
PCD 

205/55R16 91V 7Jx16 ET40 5x114.3 2.2 / 2.1

225/45ZR17 91W 7.5Jx17 ET40 5x114.3 2.2 / 2.1

225/55R16 91V 7.5Jx16 ET40 5x114.3 2.2 / 2.1

225/40ZR18 92W 7.5Jx18 ET40 5x114.3 2.3 / 2.1

225/40ZR18 92W 8Jx18 ET40 5x114.3 2.3 / 2.1

Versus the Auris

Toyota Auris 2013 1.6i
 Generation: II [2012 .. 2015]  
 Market: EUDM 
 Power: 130 hp | 97 kW | 132 PS 
 Engine: I4, Petrol
 Center Bore: 60.1 mm 
 Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts 
 Thread Size: M12 x 1.5 
 Trim Production: [2012 .. 2015]
Tire 
Rim 
PCD 

Bolt pattern

Vehicle's recommended cold tire inflation pressure. It is measured in bars or PSI (pounds per square inch).

195/65R15 91H 6Jx15 ET39 ET 35-45 5x114.3 2.3

205/55ZR16 91W 6.5Jx16 ET45 5x114.3 2.3

As can be seen the Corolla specifies an ET40 Offset versus that of Auris that appears to specify  ET39 although there is flexibilty between  an ET35 to ET45 so am wondering if I would get away with the Auris wheel. Indeed the wheels I have have an ET of 45 and functioned perfectly on the Auris.

Although I've been told just try it thats not good enough for me as I do know there can be changes too the vehicle handling characteristics and a danger that under certain conditions the wheel could catch other parts of the car and create damage.

Would anybody have access to technical information that put my mind at rest?

I did call the local Mr T but service receptionist did not know hat as was talking about when I specified the ET of the wheel?

Thanks

Hi, where did you get this information about the wheels? I am looking into a website and it’s shows completely different parameters for your car. The studs are different size and the wheels of Auris does NOT fit to your Corolla. Auris has 5 x 114.3 and Corolla has 5 x 100. Here everything ends. 
If I am wrong I would be happy as I had bought a new set of wheels for my Auris and my next car will be a Corolla and would have love to take the wheels but I don’t think so.  
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/corolla/2020/#trim-18-usdm-121

Regards 

Fitting wheels with different offset would surely impact on insurance cover (unless you declared the wheel mod to your insurance company) and potentially effect your Toyota warranty.

I think you may be looking at the US Domestic market, USDM, instead of the European Domestic Market, EUDM?

Heres where I found the information, on the same WS as yourself:

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/corolla/2020/

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/auris/2013/

Regarding insurance, I've already spoken to my provider who see fitting of WTs as a positive and as as long as the ET offset is within acceptable parameters they have no issue.

Actually fitting a wheel with an offset with 5mm variance is seen as minimal in the industry, so I'm told but I want to see something credible in writing to back up any armchair opinions.

Thank you for the response/s

Hi, lol that’s a good news for me I have future proof wheels, good investment 🙂, also good news for you the wheels you have will fit your Corolla. Anyone interested of fitting smaller wheels to their Corolla cars can look at these, oem alloys that look very good on the car and no need to worry about insurance as they are original Toyota accessories, no need to tell even your insurance. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223320816564
Regards 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links