Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter tyres/rims for iQ

mikes01666

As we're moving to the wilderness, I thought it would be useful to swap my standard alloy rims and tyres (175/65 R15) on the 2009 auto iQ for a winter set.

Any advice on which rims to get? Do I need another set of alloys off eBay or will Aygo (or other Toyota) steel rims do? I do remember fitting a rim off an Aygo to the rear of the IQ without success - wheel fitted but would not rotate - handbrake problems?

Anyone faced and solved these problems? Thanks in advance.

I recently bought a steel rim from a seller on a well known internet auction site. The object was to have a spare. I fitted a cheap none directional tyre to the rim. The rim fitted perfectly and the hub rotates without fouling anything. TOYOTA IQ STEEL WHEEL 5x15" 4/100 ET45. On the alloys on the car we fitted a set of Goodyear Vector 4 seasons all weather tyres. I guess it depends on how far into the wilderness you will be going. I don't know if an all season tyre will out perform a pure winter tyre.

• 10 months later...

I had, if fact still have, a set of winter tyres for my previous car, an Aygo. This time I've gone for Goodyear all weather tyres for the IQ. From the Youtube video tests, they seem almost as good without the hassle of swapping tyres. Needless to say that last year we had little snow in the Yorkshire dales.

• Like 2

My car has 16s (175/60/16) , hardly any tyre options... Very odd size.

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2021 at 11:01 AM, We-go said:

I had, if fact still have, a set of winter tyres for my previous car, an Aygo. This time I've gone for Goodyear all weather tyres for the IQ. From the Youtube video tests, they seem almost as good without the hassle of swapping tyres. Needless to say that last year we had little snow in the Yorkshire dales.

I've done the same.

Goodyear All-Seasons all round.

( There was an IQ on eBay recently, with a mix of Summer and All-Season tyres. Not a good idea.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links