Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Large Tail Pipe

NEED4SPEED

I use to own a 1995 G-Limited MR2 and it came with an after market Japanese mirror finish back box system. It was a single exhaust system, looking like a drain pipe sticking out the back with approx 4-5" in diameter trim (huge) :eek:

Now it did look totally boy racer but I didn't mind that as with this system fitted it did feel alot faster and sounded excellent! I noticed the the reduction in power when it was replaced with a standard system. Has anyone seen this system as I have noticed its not that rare to see the odd import GTO, FTO, MR2 with these fitted.

Is there any suppliers in the UK that do these type of systems for MR2 as I have seen similar systems available for Scoobies in the UK. :yes:

Any Pics?

There are quite a few BIG exhausts .. HKS super drager, Blitz NUR Spec ..

I have some pics somewhere so I'll dig them out and post on site tomorrow. I do remember it having Japanese writing embossed out of the mirrored finish back box. :yes:

You want to be aiming for something big enough to fit a family sized tin of beans into. Noting less will do ;)

A guy we knew had an exhaust like this so we steamed a bead bean tin label off and wrapped it around the exhaust. personally I feel it added a touch of class to his 1.4 Nova :D

To say he wasnt impressed is an understatement, especially seeing as he only noticed after driving the car everywhere for the day :thumbsup:

I got dual 5'' man!!,!Removed! killer on the ears tho. And boy is it noisy at nyt. talk about waking the dead!! OMG.

Quote DAWOLF said:

Mine has been fitted with a 'Kakimoto Racing' stainless exhaust by the previous owner. It has a single 5" tailpipe but is surprisingly quiet until it fully warms up, even then it's not that noticeable. What have other people got? Are yours loud or quiet?

Now thats the one I use to have and loved it! Love to know where I could get another from?! :D

Kakimoto systems are on loads of Jap imports, and they are 'average' systems, using fairly low grade steel.

There are loads of aftermarket systems out there, my personal fav is Mongoose. OR you can go to powerflow or longlife for a custom one.