Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Tsport Turbo Upgrade

Steve Ratcliffe

I have made up my mind - my TSport needs a Turbo - and seeing as from what I can understand the offcial Yaris Turbo is not going to be released in this country - it will be a pretty rare thing!

I have emailed companies such as Fensport, TDI and TTE to find out how much it is going to cost and what is involved, in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations on the sorts of things I need to take into consideration, they would be most appreciated. This is going to be a project in place of the Twin Turbo Supra as I figured that many people had allready done the Supra - but few a Yaris :D

Regards,

Steve.

lol that will be awesome steve :D

I'm not a great expert on the matter but I would have thought you might have to do something in order to get the power through the front wheels effectively, traction control maybe?

let me know when u've had it done cos i want a ride :lol:

Steve,

Greta idea pal. Should be awesome once done. I would reccomend Fensport or Hyper Racing for this kind of an upgrade as they have vast experience with this kind of work.

What kind of Turbos are available?

How come the Yaris Turbo isn't coming to the UK? I thought it was arriving later in the year? :(

How come the Yaris Turbo isn't coming to the UK? I thought it was arriving later in the year? :(

i think its gonna cost more than Corolla TS... now, you can figure that one out for yourself

;-)

here is what autoexpress says

the move is a result of extensive research carried out by toyota which say the final showroom price ballon to an unacceptable level of around £16,000

a spokeman for the manufacture said "the standard t sport is priced at £11,995 and the turbo version would need to cost considerbly more" Toyota's outrageous city car would have to compete with the likes of the honda's civic type r and mini's cooper s, which top brass don't think it can match

but it might be sold in some select european countries else where in the artical page 18

soddin gits i managed to save 2500 as a deposit

:angry:

Hi steve jerry here :D So you have made up your mind to fit a turbo to the yaris. Your engine would have to get some components strengthened like the pistons and the head gaskets.

Also this is a very dangerous thing to be doing as you have got to find the right company to do all this work for you. The engine management would be worth looking at as well. Getting that remapped would gain a lot in the bhp department. As you know that manufacturers tune there cars for economy and comfort.

Changing this to delivery more fuel to the fuel pump will increase the power output.

Once the turbo's on you have got to have the car set up on a rolling road. This could set you back at least £50 a hour. But saying that should all be included with fitting.

Let us know what you decide to do mate!!

jerry!!

Basically they are releasing it in Europe - but will only sell 600 a year - to keep them rare. They are not releasing them in the UK, but TTE will be providing an upgrade kit that your toyota dealership will be able to upgrade a TS yaris to a turbo yaris - this will include the turbo, the ecu remap, strengthened clutch, uprated brakes and traction control as well as the front skirt and a couple of other body mods.

The price is expected to be around 2000 notes plus fitting at your dealership - the car will be completly covered under warrenty once all the work is complete.

The downsides are that there is no dump valve on the turbo so you do not get a nice cushhhhhh when you change gear (not knowing much technically about turbo's i dont know if it is possible to tune it up and add a dump valve system?) and also it will only give you 155bhp rather than the 170 - 190 that people like fensport and TDI expect to produce.

Steve.

Once the turbo's on you have got to have the car set up on a rolling road. This could set you back at least £50 a hour. But saying that should all be included with fitting.

Jerry -

Luckily I work on rolling roads every day of my working life - my company makes top spec ones for complete vehicle chassis test facilities - so this shouldn't be an issue :D

Steve.

I'm not doing too well in finding someone to do it - TTE say they can't do the Turbo but they can do the Supercharger upgrade. TDI PLC advertise as being able to do both, but when I approached them they admitted that they havent actually done it yet so If they were going to do it I would be looking at around 5000 notes as its a one of custom job and they would be using it as development as well. Fensport have not yet responded.

Steve.

I would be looking at around 5000 notes as its a one of custom job and they would be using it as development as well. 

I really hope you hit the 0 one to many times! :unsure:

No - £5000.00 whole British Gold Ones..... shocking isn't it!

The best bet might be to wait until the dealership can offer the upgrade.

Steve.

That might be the best/cheapest option but how nice would itbe to know your the first one in the UK :)

Yeah the benefits are high....

1. 180 - 190 BHP Yaris

2. Sequencial Dump Valve (Whatever that means)

3. Fully tuned custom installation

The TTE wouldnt be any of these, but I think its going to be substantially less than 5k. :(

Steve

Oh well steve at least you tried. Like you said it's probably best that you wait till toyota come out with the upgrade ah!!

jerry!!

Would a 4EFTE engine fit? Just an idea.

I've found TDI to be very expensive as well, they wanted a similar amount just to upgrade my turbo and make a new manifold and downpipe. :o

You could try this place as well, dpmotorsport.

I've not had any work done there but I've heard some good things about them.

Popped into Octagon Toyota in Reading on Saturday morning to pick up a few bits and bob's and while waiting for the Partssguy asked one the Sales guys about the Yaris Turbo...

He said it wouldn't be launched in the UK, he wasn't entirely clear on the reasoning but said it was something to do with the weight and emissions....

Yeah emissions is the main thing, not that it would be really much more - I mean you've got 3 litre BMW's coming out all the time - your not telling me that a Turbo on a Yaris is going to push it over the emissions limit and exceed something like the emissions an M3 kicks out?

I think its more to do with the fact that we are robbed left right and centre in this country, we pay through the nose for everything and I think the Yaris Tsport Turbo would be to hard to pitch price wise between the Yaris TSport and the Corolla TSport.

Steve.

This is for the 1.0L engine though - TDI said they dont have anything developed for the 1.5L TS.

Steve.

What is that stage 3 at the bottom of that page?!

[clip]

Toyota Yaris model NCP15 (1.5 litre)

Stage 1: HKS PowerFlow induction system. This kit removes the restrictive factory airbox to improve breathing ability. £155.00

Stage 2: HKS Exhaust system (Hiper 'Ti') using titanium tailpipe for unique coloration. Fits 'cat-back' and is road legal, manufactured from a mixture of stainless and aluminized steel to retain durability while still keeping within acceptable noise levels. £335.00

Stage 3: Blitz supercharger system:

This kit comes complete with everything you need to convert the car to forced induction! All clamps, fixings, gaskets and belts are included. £2,700.00

[/clip]

Turbo's are awesome, but I'm certainly more of a fan of superchargers! The problem with turbo's are that the only way to get amazing power is to have a fairly big one (T3 for example). Smaller turbo's, like the ct9 on the starlet gt's are good, as they spool up quickly due to the size but are fairly restrictive. A friend on mine has just upgraded to a ct12 on his starlet and not only is the power more (as he is running 0.85 psi, almost a bar of boost), but the turbo sucks in more air. However, it doesn't really kick in until around 4k revs. The starlet only has a 1.3L engine, so I'm guessing the Yaris TS might handle it better, but a bigger turbo, the kind that would really get towards the magical 200bhp, might lag alot at the bottom end. A supercharger however doesn't really have any lag. Another friend of mine has a Golf G60, no more than a supercharged Gti, and it flies. As the supercharger works from the flywheel, it starts to have an effect as soon as you pull away and the faster you go, the faster you accelerate.

But to be honest, I'd love to see either on a Yaris. I can't work out why but I love the little things! A Yaris with forced induction, that would be fantastic!

OK - I like this faster the faster you go lark - right from the lights? anyone know what the terminal velocity of a Yaris TS with big super charger is?

Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links