Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 SR180 Question

IJke

Hi there, I've been looking at a 2011 Rav4 and would like to understand what the SR180 Badge means. As far as I can tell it's a more powerful engine, but Parkers.co.uk says those models also came standard with a sunroof. This car doesn't have a sunroof, so now I'm unsure what I'm actually looking at. Is there any way it's not got the more powerful 174HP engine, even though the Badge says SR180? Thanks a lot!

24 minutes ago, IJke said:

Hi there, I've been looking at a 2011 Rav4 and would like to understand what the SR180 badge means. As far as I can tell it's a more powerful engine, but Parkers.co.uk says those models also came standard with a sunroof. This car doesn't have a sunroof, so now I'm unsure what I'm actually looking at. Is there any way it's not got the more powerful 174HP engine, even though the badge says SR180? Thanks a lot!

The SR180 was discontinued in 2009 - the 174 / 177 / 180 engine was dropped completely - so unless it was registered very late a 2011 registered RAV4 isn't going to be an SR180. (How many left indications that there were no SR180s registered after 2010. The SR180 was 6-speed manual only and mine certainly had a sunroof.

Toyota used the SR designation between (late) 2009 and 2012 for a 150 bhp diesel automatic on the face-lift 4.3.5.

Are you sure the Badge says SR180 rather than SR? Is it manual or automatic?

16 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The SR180 was discontinued in 2009 - the 174 / 177 / 180 engine was dropped completely - so unless it was registered very late a 2011 registered RAV4 isn't going to be an SR180. (How many left indications that there were no SR180s registered after 2010. The SR180 was 6-speed manual only and mine certainly had a sunroof.

Toyota used the SR designation between (late) 2009 and 2012 for a 150 bhp diesel automatic on the face-lift 4.3.5.

Are you sure the badge says SR180 rather than SR? Is it manual or automatic?

Ah thats very interesting. Yeah I've been trying to find more SR180s to compare and have only been finding 2009s. Here's the Badge on it: image.png.83f638414491811c4980bfc7c80acd02.png

It's listed as a 2011 2.2 D-CAT SR Automatic.

What about trying some of the apps like vehicle smart to see what they say?

19 minutes ago, IJke said:

Ah thats very interesting. Yeah I've been trying to find more SR180s to compare and have only been finding 2009s. Here's the badge on it: image.png.83f638414491811c4980bfc7c80acd02.png

It's listed as a 2011 2.2 D-CAT SR Automatic.

Then I rather suspect that it is a "2011 2.2 D-CAT SR Automatic" with the 'wrong' Badge stuck on the back ... and maybe I'd start to worry why ...

The correct badging for an SR180 is shown on documentation attached by flash22 above and here: SR180 badge

(Note that the "Toyota" and "RAV4" are on opposite sides.)

Just now, philip42h said:

Then I rather suspect that it is a "2011 2.2 D-CAT SR Automatic" with the 'wrong' badge stuck on the back ... and maybe I'd start to worry why ...

The correct badging for an SR180 is shown on documentation attached by flash22 above and here: SR180 badge

Awesome, thanks for your help. I'll have a chat with the dealer to see if they know what's going on with the Badge.

12 minutes ago, Stivino said:

What about trying some of the apps like vehicle smart to see what they say?

Yeah good shout, just did a check and it seems to be the 150HP model.

10 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Then I rather suspect that it is a "2011 2.2 D-CAT SR Automatic" with the 'wrong' badge stuck on the back ... and maybe I'd start to worry why ...

(Note that the "Toyota" and "RAV4" are on opposite sides.)

This is the other side of the boot: image.png.7cb21073612c80098e29ca0159ddc0cf.png

Yes ... I've found your car on the web ... somebody seems to have gone quite mad with extra badges and rather made a dogs breakfast of the appearance of that car. It should simply have "Toyota" on the left and RAV4 on the right ...

It also appears to have a warning showing at idle and a recall outstanding ...

6 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Yes ... I've found your car on the web ... somebody seems to have gone quite mad with extra badges and rather made a dogs breakfast of the appearance of that car. It should simply have "Toyota" on the left and RAV4 on the right ...

It also appears to have a warning showing at idle and a recall outstanding ...

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

That has been un-blinged the badges are ott nothing what a bit of dental floss and a stripe removal tool wouldn't cure

I was half expecting some gold interior trim and something hanging from the mirror - the plate on the car may be worth £1-1.5K

I would be looking at the MOT and service history in detail

Get rid of that sun strip, looks like it's been used as a family waggon

Edit. Ah dog stickers in the rear window