Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive suspension question

Trackpad

Hi all, had a test drive today of a 2.0 corolla - which was a positive surprise! 

I have the option to buy an import version of the GR spec TS. However it doesn't have the matrix LED headlights ( which doesn't seem to be a big deal anyway having read about them) or the adaptive suspension. 

Can anyone tell me if it is a gimmick or actually something worth having? 

The model I drove today didn't have it either but was a hatchback in a lower spec. 

Thanks

Certainly, in 2019, the adaptive suspension was not available in the UK, not sure if the 2020 models include it now.  You will have to wait for someone in the USA to see your post and answer this one.  I think it is available in the USA, not sure about Europe. I find the car handles well anyway, without it.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, Trackpad said:

Hi all, had a test drive today of a 2.0 corolla - which was a positive surprise! 

I have the option to buy an import version of the GR spec TS. However it doesn't have the matrix LED headlights ( which doesn't seem to be a big deal anyway having read about them) or the adaptive suspension. 

Can anyone tell me if it is a gimmick or actually something worth having? 

The model I drove today didn't have it either but was a hatchback in a lower spec. 

Thanks

Afaik Adaptive suspension is an EU only option, we certainly don't get in the UK and I'm not sure the US gets it either

• Like 1

Hi again, yes it's available here in the eu. I didn't realise it wasn't in the UK. 

Maybe it's going to be something that will (expensively) need replacing a few years down the road anyway!  (in comparison to the normal ones I mean.)