Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 1.3 SR Yaris Rear Coil Springs

Bazzer1

Hi, Does anyone know any measurents for the coil springs on a 2008 1.3 SR Yaris. I have got a replacement pair and the measurements are different as seen in the attachments

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

Its pretty easy to see they have a different number of turns. The new ones have a couple fewer turns and therefore I would say not correct fitment.  Length is not a good indicator because new springs are always a fair bit longer and settle once fitted.

• Like 1

I have explained this to the seller and they are saying that they are the correct ones.  It is not just the length and the number of coils but also the diameter as well.  They do physically fit though with a width of the hand between the wheel and the arch.

Perhaps if you gave us the seller's and the spring's details the forum may be able to help?

• Like 1

I bought them off Online Automotive on eBay and they are Kilen springs, part no KN64073SET or 78235

You opted for the cheaper of the two brands they offer. I guess you get what you pay for. I wouldn't hold too much hope of getting your money back, reading some of their reviews!

They don't look like the same thing at all.  I would send them back.

• Like 1

I`m not after my money back, just the re-assurance that they are correct for the vehicle with the dimentions being different. I was of the opinion that the 1.3SR had lowered suspension so I was expecting the same but these appear to be fitted on most Yaris`s.  Which is the other brand that they offer?

I have looked again carefully at your photos and I must say that I'm a bit puzzled. Actually the old spring in your photos really doesn't look quite right for a Yaris rear spring. I have worked on lots of cars and that spring looks to me like it has too many coils and the diameter doesn't look right. The new spring does look more like what I remember.

Are you sure the old spring is the original one and why are you changing the springs?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mrfixer said:

I have looked again carefully at your photos and I must say that I'm a bit puzzled. Actually the old spring in your photos really doesn't look quite right for a Yaris rear spring. I have worked on lots of cars and that spring looks to me like it has too many coils and the diameter doesn't look right. The new spring does look more like what I remember.

Are you sure the old spring is the original one and why are you changing the springs?

As far as I know they are the original springs.  The car as only done 43,000 miles and has been in the family for the last 6 years.  Looking back on the Mot history 7 years ago when the car had only done 19000 miles there was an advisory for rusted rear coil springs but if they had them replaced there was no paperwork for it which would be strange as there was a good paperwork trail passed on at the point of sale.  Of course this may not be the case but without seeing another 1.3 SR,which appear to be quite rare I will never know.  Another question I would then have if these are indeed correct is what exactly does the lowered suspension consist of in this model as it is described in the specs? 

1 hour ago, mrfixer said:

Aso I am changing the springs as it failed the mot on a broken o/s spring

Get a better quality replacement  always change springs as an axle pair

I will look it up shortly

Is the car, Jap (JT vin) or French (VNK Vin) ??

• Like 1

Second thoughts it just a different spring rate/ winding, it should compress more under weight

• Like 1

A UK 1.3 SR is optioned at Port of entry ( Car left factory as a TR spec and on arrival in UK was fitted with a series of accessories to make an SR ) as a result any parts catalogue including Toyotas will list some of the parts the incorrectly, Additional part are shown on Toyota's catalogue as HUB a parts:

A 1.3 SR would have had the following added:

image.thumb.png.95e40b390d330ebcfb3ca39c54645d75.pngimage.thumb.png.ebeb09651a3c98a904304658faeb7d12.png

as you can see Toyota UK added lowering springs part number PZ439-B0724-00 see HERE

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Get a better quality replacement  always change springs as an axle pair

I will look it up shortly

Is the car, Jap (JT vin) or French (VNK Vin) ??

1 number for the French car

2 numbers for the Jap car

VNKKL96320A302???

Devon Has it. 15-25mm lowered uprated springs, 2 options go to Toyota if available or go with a set of Eibach or H&R

• Like 1

As an SR the springs where changed by Toyota UK for lowered options, you will need PZ439-B0724-00.

image.thumb.png.6679f2097719dcc48fcfeab35f94d690.png

You could fit a pair of the original springs but this would raise the rear by 30mm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

As an SR the springs where changed by Toyota UK for lowered options, you will need PZ439-B0724-00

Do you know if that is the rear,front or both and where I can get these from?

2 springs will be more than a new set of 4 - the kit looks to be £250-300, Eibach are £175 a set or £70-80 a spring

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

As an SR the springs where changed by Toyota UK for lowered options, you will need PZ439-B0724-00.

image.thumb.png.6679f2097719dcc48fcfeab35f94d690.png

You could fit a pair of the original springs but this would raise the rear by 30mm

Thanks Devon Aygo you have found the answer.  That is the ones I have fitted which is pictured above (Kilen- equivalent to 48231-0D170). Not too bothered about the extra height as it is my wifes car and only does about 1500 - 2000 miles a year but was more concerned about the legality

48231-0D170 is the standard yaris spring - have you changed all 4 to standard ride height ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

48231-0D170 is the standard yaris spring - have you changed all 4 to standard ride height ?

No, only the rear 2 as I was told by the supplier that these were definately the correct ones

If you read Devon's post above the SR has lowered suspension what was changed for the UK market at the port - the aftermarket will not be aware of this fact !!!

30mm higher at the back will impact the handling and could make it unsafe

2 options fit the correct springs or change the fronts to standard ones

• Like 1

Thanks all, got to the bottomof it eventually thanks to Devon Aygo and all of your input.  So it looks like I have been supplied the wrong ones by the supplier with them possibly not knowing.  I woner what my chances are of getting my money back now as I fitted them on their sayso.  No chance I would say.

• Like 1