Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing ripped drivers seat......help!

Kbtoya

Hello

i have just purchased a Toyota Yaris 1.3, VVTI TR 57 plate and the drivers seat has a huge tear in it. 

I have found a used seat from a breakers yard in good condition for sale but I wondered how difficult it would be to remove and replace the current seat?

im not experienced in cars but can’t afford to spend out much if it’s simple enough to do. 

Any advice or help would be really appreciated 😊

Easy enough, just four bolts, make sure the seat is the correct side etc as they are handed LH and RH, somebody did a YouTube video, not watched it all the way through but will give you an idea

https://youtu.be/9IymR5xmPaU

Fortunately it would appear they used "proper" hex. head bolts back then. According to the video it will need either a 14mm socket with a ratchet (1/2" or 3/8" square drive should suffice) or a 14mm ring spanner (wrench). Less chance of rounding off the bolt heads with socket or ring spanner.

The later model uses those silly reverse Torx things! Mine has them.

Don't know the torque for tightening but I'm sure those in my car had thread lock applied. They are quite tight.

1 hour ago, mrpj said:

Fortunately it would appear they used "proper" hex. head bolts back then. According to the video it will need either a 14mm socket with a ratchet (1/2" or 3/8" square drive should suffice) or a 14mm ring spanner (wrench). Less chance of rounding off the bolt heads with socket or ring spanner.

The later model uses those silly reverse Torx things! Mine has them.

Don't know the torque for tightening but I'm sure those in my car had thread lock applied. They are quite tight.

37Nm or 27 foot pounds.