Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Body paint colour Avensis

Roystond

I have a Toyota Avensis Saloon,registraion S240WCA, automatic, registered 21.1.99 which I have owned for 20 years . Its brilliant. I now have to repair minor paintwork damage. I can't find a plaque with the paint identification on it but there is a reference in the papers that the paint is 6P3 British Green. Has any one got a similar dated car and if  so can you confirm the colour. I also need to find a suplier for the paint. Thanks.

Roystond

Is this just for a touch up ? The paint code is on the slam panel or on the sticker on the b pillar

if it is 6P3 anything more than a stone chip get it done by a pro, as that paint code is a Dark Green Pearl Metallic Mica what is notoriously difficult to match without the paint being spectrum analysed also you need to take into account the wear and UV damage to the paint

edit. Had a look on the lechler database it looks like it a 3 stage paint. A ground. A base and a clear (K11 or K12)

• Like 1

6P3 Is correct, ignore names as each market will name the same colour differently, taken from Toyota's parts catalogue:

image.thumb.png.53aa54a8397e0cc11b44c487e8e8e9eb.png

• Like 1

It will also be in the dealers hand book, listing VIN number, model and dealer etc.

• Like 1

I use to own a Mk1 1998 (S) reg Avensis 1.8 GLS hatchback and it was green colour code 6P3. My car had the folder containing the colour touch up car, as well as the owners manual, service book, third valet key and other paperwork and receipts for that car. All that went to the new owner when I sold it. I Have a little note book with the car's details.

It was because of that car, I bought this Avensis, but I do have some known on the old car, when I serviced or fixed it. I posted a lot on that car on this forum.

Thank you to all contributors.

A bit more information. This damage occurred when, in the night, a slate fell off my next door’s roof and landed on my boot. The damage was small but significant being a roundish pocket punched in the boot lid ( imagine the bottom half of an egg ) so it was small but awkward. . The are some scratches as well but these are minor. A repair shop wanted around £250 plus VAT to repair as they would have to respray the whole boot lid. I don’t fancy trying to beat out the depression in the boot or pulling it out so I decided to fix it myself. (I also have to maintain cordial relations with my neighbour!).

I have discovered the reference to 6P3 in the original selling dealership Service Record but I was wary as it was handwritten. I had looked elsewhere on the car for a sticker (door pillars, boot, glove box, engine bay), without success. I don’t know where the slam panel is or the b pillar but assume they may be one of the places I have looked. I am satisfied that 6P3 is right. Now I’ve find a small repair kit. Halford’s do such a two or 3 pen kit do I will check tomorrow if they can get a kit in the right colour. I will also check the net.

Thank you.

Roystond

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links