Do Not Sell My Personal Information

end of the line

charente

/

Edited by charente
Posted in error

1 hour ago, mathewlisett said:

thank you Mathew, I've discovered that it is extremely difficult to search on this old part as there is no clear part no. for it. I'm continuing looking with the Toyota main dealer here in France but even they are struggling. Without a clear photo of the part I hesitate to order one. The garage has told me that repairing it is probably impossible without irreparably damaging it. At the moment the brakes seem to work fine in everyday use, the rear brakes can no longer pass the figures required at the M.O.T.

13 minutes ago, charente said:

thank you Mathew, I've discovered that it is extremely difficult to search on this old part as there is no clear part no. for it. I'm continuing looking with the Toyota main dealer here in France but even they are struggling. Without a clear photo of the part I hesitate to order one. The garage has told me that repairing it is probably impossible without irreparably damaging it. At the moment the brakes seem to work fine in everyday use, the rear brakes can no longer pass the figures required at the M.O.T.

this should help for future

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/carina-38486/st191-56145

https://toyota-europe.epc-data.com/carina_e/

16 minutes ago, mathewlisett said:

thank you Mathew that is extremely helpful, have a good day.

@mathewlisett Please read this whole thread,  the part car is specific to the estate (wagon) for a period of 8 months

i have already triple checked this on the epc and directly on the toyota epc via the portal with the op's vin the car is registered 1996 but was built late 1995 (UK Built)

The later valves are 3 pipe or abs specific

Charente has already been to the dealers several times

Amayama can be hit and miss with parts that are listed as stock but are not

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

@mathewlisett Please read this whole thread,  the part car is specific to the estate (wagon) for a period of 8 months

i have already triple checked this on the epc and directly on the toyota epc via the portal with the op's vin the car is registered 1996 but was built late 1995 (UK Built)

The later valves are 3 pipe or abs specific

Charente has already been to the dealers several times

Amayama can be hit and miss with parts that are listed as stock but are not

absoloutely nothing stopping him  from adjusting the search function on both links.

and i myself know the stock and number maybe a hit and miss, but the resources are there and even toyota themsleves get it wrong as they had done with myself.

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/carina-38486/st191-56145/st191r-bwmnkw-920383  

https://toyota-europe.epc-data.com/carina_e/st191r/3732/chassis/

And............................

The correct part has already been found and verified multiple times

47900-20110

No longer in production and rare as rocking horse droppings

The other alternative is to change the master cylinder an update to the newer LSPV and alter the pipe work to suit

The OP is disabled and cannot do the work them self

1 hour ago, mathewlisett said:

absoloutely nothing stopping him  from adjusting the search function on both links.

and i myself know the stock and number maybe a hit and miss, but the resources are there and even toyota themsleves get it wrong as they had done with myself.

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/carina-38486/st191-56145/st191r-bwmnkw-920383  

https://toyota-europe.epc-data.com/carina_e/st191r/3732/chassis/

I found two part nos. 47900-20060 and 47900-20050  from 

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

And............................

The correct part has already been found and verified multiple times

47900-20110

No longer in production and rare as rocking horse droppings

The other alternative is to change the master cylinder an update to the newer LSPV and alter the pipe work to suit

The OP is disabled and cannot do the work them self

thank you for your continuing help, yes they are as rare as rocking horse droppings and if it is possible to change to the newer master cylinder does that delete the valve mechanism, if so, how are the brakes biased? What is LSPV? 

22 minutes ago, charente said:

I found two part nos. 47900-20060 and 47900-20050  from 

thank you for your continuing help, yes they are as rare as rocking horse droppings and if it is possible to change to the newer master cylinder does that delete the valve mechanism, if so, how are the brakes biased? What is LSPV? 

do you know your vin number 

ok so I did some reading and I understand LSVP now, brake bias in effect. I'm waiting to speak to a tech' at Toyota who is trying to find the part, I don't think he'll find one. If not LSVP may be the solution to keep my car on the road. If I was able bodied I'd just get another later estate. It's hard to explain but I've been used to putting my wheelchair into my car from the right in various cars for 40 years. If I was to get another car, it would be left hand drive, the driving would be no problem but the transfer may be for a while. The real problem I envisage is the width of the door sill on recent cars and those few inches in difference have become more difficult for instance with taxis and friends cars when transferring into them. 

Also this car has been the most reliable of all I've ever had, super important to me. I'll be back.

3 minutes ago, mathewlisett said:

do you know your vin number 

VIN NO. SB172SBK10E029305
ENGINE NO. 3S1972133

2 minutes ago, mathewlisett said:

by the way where are you located 

79130 France 🙂

Sorry i was typing to quickly LSVP (Load Sensing Proportioning valve) is the full name of the valve that is causing your problem

To fit the later lspv you will need to change the master cylinder as the newer systems run 1 pipe rather than 2 to the rear like yours does

as for other cars there is a site called Ridc this gives all the information on cars for the disabled https://www.ridc.org.uk/

i will drop you a PM

• Like 1

so the position with Toyota here in France is that this part is nowhere to be found in their parts and is as we know no longer available. So it seems part no. 47900-200600 is correct but I'm going to try to get a supplier to send a photo, parts seem to be available in America but I need more than a diagram before I order a relatively expensive part.

47900-20060 is not the right one as it only has a single cylinder and 3 pipes, yours has dual cylinders and 4 pipes

i have not come across many photos of your one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

47900-20060 is not the right one as it only has a single cylinder and 3 pipes, yours has dual cylinders and 4 pipes

i have not come across many photos of your one

ah so Im right to be cautious there is also 47900-20050, can I ask where you saw a photo of the one I need please?

53 minutes ago, charente said:

ah so Im right to be cautious there is also 47900-20050, can I ask where you saw a photo of the one I need please?

so the 110 one is the correct one for right hand drive.

47900-20060 is for left hand drive.

unless you tell me your driving a left hand one.

and yes i know the issues regarding parts, i had to import my bolts, brake pipe from i think germany.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mathewlisett said:

so the 110 one is the correct one for right hand drive.

47900-20060 is for left hand drive.

unless you tell me your driving a left hand one.

and yes i know the issues regarding parts, i had to import my bolts, brake pipe from i think germany.

thanks, it is a right hooker, the part nos. are starting to make sense now.

26 minutes ago, charente said:

thanks, it is a right hooker, the part nos. are starting to make sense now.

got some further info and this time from toyota themsleves, the  60 version is for  abs

so do you have abs on your or not?

also been advised the other option is to get the part from another car ie scrapyard

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mathewlisett said:

got some further info and this time from toyota themsleves, the  60 version is for  abs

so do you have abs on your or not?

also been advised the other option is to get the part from another car ie scrapyard

no there is no ABS on my car. I went down the scrap yard route initially and the only part that was sent was incorrect and looked nothing like the photo that I sent them. I won't order a second hand part again as from what I've seen the scrappies are selling rusty old junk.

36 minutes ago, charente said:

no there is no ABS on my car. I went down the scrap yard route initially and the only part that was sent was incorrect and looked nothing like the photo that I sent them. I won't order a second hand part again as from what I've seen the scrappies are selling rusty old junk.

the chap from the parts department here i the uk has said the following

"if you have a vehicle you are looking at taking it off of, i am more than happy to check if the numbers are the same. will just need a chassis of the vehicle its coming off of "

• Like 1

Lol, i have been down this rabbit hole on the first page yes its RHD, number ending in 50 (jap built car only) and 60 (abs *66), the OP's car is a SB vin, so UK built

I have the Electronics parts Catalogue on my machine updated to 6/2020 i also have access to www.toyota-tech.eu

I have tried 10-12 contacts most places haven't seen a carina E in more than 10 years let alone an auto wagon

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Lol, i have been down this rabbit hole on the first page yes its RHD, number ending in 50 (jap built car only) and 60 (abs *66), the OP's car is a SB vin, so UK built

I have the Electronics parts Catalogue on my machine updated to 6/2020 i also have access to www.toyota-tech.eu

I have tried 10-12 contacts most places haven't seen a carina E in more than 10 years let alone an auto wagon

do explain why you so offended by me or anybody else tryngto help .

its great that you have tried to help the chap, however would it not be even better for others to try and assist him try to gain as much knowledge as we can so that he can finally get his car back on the road.

fact is, if hes able to contact a scrapyard no matter where in the world, they get close matches to the model and year, weither it be salsoon, hatchback, estate. all he needs are the vin numbers of each and to be told if the part is on that car , so that he can then pass the details on here, we can then both see what we can do with toyota etc, and we might get lucky with a part from another model might infact work.

and if not, then we try to figure out another  way