Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

end of the line

charente

1 minute ago, mathewlisett said:

do explain why you so offended by me or anybody else tryngto help .

its great that you have tried to help the chap, however would it not be even better for others to try and assist him try to gain as much knowledge as we can so that he can finally get his car back on the road.

fact is, if hes able to contact a scrapyard no matter where in the world, they get close matches to the model and year, weither it be salsoon, hatchback, estate. all he needs are the vin numbers of each and to be told if the part is on that car , so that he can then pass the details on here, we can then both see what we can do with toyota etc, and we might get lucky with a part from another model might infact work.

and if not, then we try to figure out another  way

hi it's very kind of you all to help out, I should explain that I've been mechanicing since I was nine years old or so when I nearly set myself on fire while trying to install a Wal 'fuel injector' on an ex G.P.O. B.S.A. Bantam! I wasn't disabled until my mid twenties and I've since done all sorts of stuff in various cars, so the mechanical side of this doesn't faze me at all. HOWEVER, big caveat, I no longer have the physical strength or desire to work on vehicles, I have other stuff to do that keeps me busy but this search is not easy, even though I'm pretty sure that I now have, thanks to you all, the correct part no. it isn't available and that is despite talking to Toyota here and in the U.K. A part from another model sounds promising but may prove to be another rabbit hole. 

To be honest, it may be time to send '280 vs 79' to the scrappy in the sky and buy something else. I'd like another Toyota but they didn't become popular here until quite recently, hence there are no estate bodied cars to choose from and that is what I need to carry my fishing tackle around in. Anyway if someone comes up with something then please post the info, meanwhile I'll keep looking and I'll try to get a photo from the few American sites that claim to have this part.

47 minutes ago, charente said:

hi it's very kind of you all to help out, I should explain that I've been mechanicing since I was nine years old or so when I nearly set myself on fire while trying to install a Wal 'fuel injector' on an ex G.P.O. B.S.A. Bantam! I wasn't disabled until my mid twenties and I've since done all sorts of stuff in various cars, so the mechanical side of this doesn't faze me at all. HOWEVER, big caveat, I no longer have the physical strength or desire to work on vehicles, I have other stuff to do that keeps me busy but this search is not easy, even though I'm pretty sure that I now have, thanks to you all, the correct part no. it isn't available and that is despite talking to Toyota here and in the U.K. A part from another model sounds promising but may prove to be another rabbit hole. 

To be honest, it may be time to send '280 vs 79' to the scrappy in the sky and buy something else. I'd like another Toyota but they didn't become popular here until quite recently, hence there are no estate bodied cars to choose from and that is what I need to carry my fishing tackle around in. Anyway if someone comes up with something then please post the info, meanwhile I'll keep looking and I'll try to get a photo from the few American sites that claim to have this part.

i hope you didnt think my comment was towards you.

1 hour ago, mathewlisett said:

i hope you didnt think my comment was towards you.

no, don't worry Mathew, thanks for yours and Bob's help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, here's an update on the good news from a very grey France. This morning, the car passed the French M.O.T! I haven't spoken to the mechanic who fixed it yet so I don't know the details but I believe they have replaced the original valve with another, possibly an earlier version. It was my local Citroen garage who fixed it, I went to the main Toyota dealer and they were useless, looked on the computer and said 'computer sez no' and washed their hands of my problem.

I'm looking for another car now, the French M.O.T. is for two years, so I have time to find something, probably French, as spares will be plentiful. Thanks for everyone's help, great forum here.

• Like 2

ah, it seems you have found someone with half a clue, or maybe they had the time to look at it properly, at least you're all legal now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links