Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Preventative care on Avensis T25 2008

naikon

Hello

This weekend I bought a used Avensis 2008 wagon, manual 2.0 petrol with 23.000km on odometer. It has always been serviced at Toyota every year, nothing sketchy about it really.

But since I am a first-time new Toyota owner I want to know if there is some recommended service I can do in preventative care to make sure that it lasts long. That means something that Toyota might not replace in the yearly service. During this year the water pump and brake pipes have been replaced. 

It runs good, nothing to remark on, just some small details: 

- It requires maybe 2-3 seconds to start the car, I'm used to having my cars start in maybe 1 second. I could also see that the ignition time was not reduced so much even when the engine was warm. Could it be a weak Battery or something else? I charged the Battery but didn't notice anything (it could still be a crappy battery). 

- It got a sun roof, where there are some rust in the metal frame holding the sun roof. Which I will have to grind down and repaint. Is there something else I should do regarding the sun roof to make sure drainage and function remains?

Looking forward for your advice and recommendations

• 2 months later...

Bump on this topic.

Im an owner of pretty much the same vehicle but with 17k km. 

Also curious with what i can replace to make it an unstoppable Toyota. 

• 3 months later...

Premium fuel, frequent oil changes (up to 7000 km, if you don't have a heavy foot), other fluid changes below their requirement, apply anti corrosion over the bottom and behind wheel arches. Fuel, oil, brake, steering system checks every 100k-150k km.

• 1 month later...

Could check the Battery and spark plugs.

Gearbox oil renewal. Frequent engine oil changes. Brake fluid change every four years. Use built hamber anti corrosion wax underneath. 

Oh and I use Millers petrol eco max I don't bother with premium fuel.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links