Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing sensors

Mafio

Avensis 2.0 auto 2005 vintage. I have reversing sensors fitted with a sounder fitted on the near side rear just behind the seat. Which makes me think that the sensors were an after market fitting. The sounder is also activated when reverse is engaged. So maybe this was a factory fitting. However it’s stopped working. The sounder is ok. There is no mention in the owners hand book regarding fuses for the reversing sensors. Does anyone know where and what fuse is used, and or where the control box for the sensors is situated.

If they were dealer-fit, there is sometimes a small on/off switch located on the boot lining or inside the hatch that gives access to the rear light bulbs. If mounted on the boot lining, the switch could be accidentally knocked into the off position.

Find the module (make a note of any part numbers) and trace the loom back it may have an inline fuse holder

Do the reverse lights work ? It could be as simple as a blown bulb

You may find a switch below the boot floor

Thanks for the replies. The reversing lights are ok. I will try to look for a switch.

Found the control box. No inline fuse or switch. 12v taken from the light cluster. 12v to the box ok, sounder works from the plug. So I guess it's the control box. The box was attached to the body work with an adhesive pad which wasn't sticky any more so has been rattling around for some time. Will update when I have fitted a new box.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to buy from eBay a complete kit, intending to only fit the control box. Ended up replacing everything, no big deal. The biggest problem was threading the sensor cables through the bumper using the old cables. Successfully installed all working ok.