Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie want to know more about Auris 2010

Marselion

Hello here.
I am the owner of an Auris 2010 1.4 D-4D. I want to know more about it, what are its weak points, and what should I pay more attention to.
I don't understand how the Power Heat button works.
Thank you in advance.

Information on the Power Heat feature here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1317691/Toyota-Auris-Hv.html?page=414

A list of reported problems with this model (diesel, petrol and hybrid) can be found here: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/auris-2007/good

Perhaps the best advice would be to enjoy your car, service it regularly, and if you're unlucky enough to encounter problems, then to deal with them if they arise.  I'm not aware of any particular tasks that would need to be done as preventative maintenance beyond regular servicing.

I have a 2008 1.4 D-4D.  Engine is brilliant, basically bulletproof, and very economical.  Only thing I ever needed to do other than servicing was have the fuel metering valve replaced. (Cost €380)

The gearbox in mine did give trouble (differential bearings) as did many Auris gearboxes.  Not sure if the issue was sorted by 2010 but somebody else may be able to advise.

Other than that it has been basically trouble free.  Now have 305,000km on it.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 3:21 PM, The Aardvark said:

Information on the Power Heat feature here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1317691/Toyota-Auris-Hv.html?page=414

A list of reported problems with this model (diesel, petrol and hybrid) can be found here: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/auris-2007/good

Perhaps the best advice would be to enjoy your car, service it regularly, and if you're unlucky enough to encounter problems, then to deal with them if they arise.  I'm not aware of any particular tasks that would need to be done as preventative maintenance beyond regular servicing.

Thank you, I'll check the links

14 hours ago, Oisin said:

I have a 2008 1.4 D-4D.  Engine is brilliant, basically bulletproof, and very economical.  Only thing I ever needed to do other than servicing was have the fuel metering valve replaced. (Cost €380)

The gearbox in mine did give trouble (differential bearings) as did many Auris gearboxes.  Not sure if the issue was sorted by 2010 but somebody else may be able to advise.

Other than that it has been basically trouble free.  Now have 305,000km on it.

I choose this car because I know it is indestructible, also it is mechanical so I don't think I'll have any problems with it in near future.
A friend of mine told me to remove the PDF filter, like it destroys the engine, any opinions about that?

Depending which country you reside in and whether vehicles are subject to an annual road-worthiness test, check whether removing the DPF affects the test. In the UK, removing a DPF can result in failing our annual test and a fine for the owner.

To be honest I haven't heard of many Toyota DPFs giving trouble.

A friend of mine had 2 Auris. He said that if I don’t want trouble with the engine, should remove it. Thats why I am asking

Also what could be the problem when on dashboard appears check airbag?