Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Open rear hatch with flat battery

HughA

Is there a way to open the rear hatch on my Yaris Hybrid when the 12 volt Battery is flat?  I know I can open the driver's door with the key but the rear hatch is electrically operated and has no keyhole. I don't want to keep jump leads under the boot floor if I can't get at them when I need them!

Hi. Enter through driver's door. open bonnet and connect jump start leads (slave battery). then use the unlock doors button on driver's door arm rest..

1 minute ago, Bomber209 said:

Hi. Enter through driver's door. open bonnet and connect jump start leads (slave battery). then use the unlock doors button on driver's door arm rest..

Or buy one of these ?  https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTRAI-Starter-20000mAh-Portable-Protection/dp/B08HMNRPWP/ref=sr_1_5?crid=MOBF380FQ1UW&dchild=1&keywords=jump+starter&qid=1606390527&sprefix=jump%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-5

Thanks for your replies.  I have in fact just bought a Battery booster but as its a bit too big to go in the glove box, along with all my wife's junk, I was hoping to keep it under the boot floor. I'll probably keep it under front passenger seat with the jack instead.

• Like 1

Do Toyota not have a button/lever/catch somewhere inside the hatch door that you can get at from inside?

The only other car we've owned with an electrical door latch was our Fiat500.  They have a latch in the door, but you have to climb into the boot from the inside to get at it ......... but at least it's there if you want it.

Toyota don't do this?  I must check out our Yaris Hybrid handbook ............... and have a good look at the inside of our hatch lid to check.

Mick.

1 hour ago, Mick F said:

Do Toyota not have a button/lever/catch somewhere inside the hatch door that you can get at from inside?

I think you'll find that's a requirement for cars sold in America. It allows the kidnap victim to open the boot (trunk?) to attract attention.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links