Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TNS510 Bluetooth Connection to Mp3 Player

Monkeyboy2283

I recently got a SanDisk Clip Sport Plus Mp3 player and it supports bluetooth, so I thought I would connected it up to the TNS510, on paper they should work together and support the right bluetooth formats, but when I try to connect it I get an error “Bluetooth connection failed. Verify the passcode”.

The manual for the player says, The car audio system must support A2DP, Some car systems will ask you to enter a code before pairing. Please use "0000".

Has anyone else had experience with the TNS510 and bluetooth, could they shad any light on if I am doing something wrong or if  it’s just going to work.

Steve

• 2 months later...

I don't have the TNS510 in my car, but used either later systems on newer cars or added an adapter to my cars limited system. Toyotas are not always the easiest to set up. I checked the manual for the TNS510 - https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{AA1D1449-9E87-E79E-E0BA-A85EA4D19E87}/01955_TNS 510_OM_LR.pdf

The TNS510 supports A2DP. I also looked at the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus manual - https://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clipsportplus-um.pdf

Make sure the firmware has been updated on the SanDisk Clip. 

There are two connection methods in the TNS510 menu, so either the unit or SanDisk does the pairing. This may solve the pairing issue.

image.thumb.png.a7c290ce450f9df978928ddde60cc59b.png image.thumb.png.fd463e1abf245d7a9fefc67c26478727.png

If you set the SanDisk to lead the pairing, follow the instruction to that. 

If you choose the TNS510, the following applies. 
Start the pairing process on the TNS510 first, then get the SanDisk into pairing mode. Follow the instructions from the TNS510 manual.

image.thumb.png.c229c28579912c5fa442b9d718c8ebfd.png image.thumb.png.c40e9523948ade8fe80a8596e8f2b58e.png  

Hopefully one way or the other will solve the pairing issue.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links