Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading rear tail lights to facelift ones?

TescoExpress

Hey everyone,

So I have a 2015 Toyota Aygo (X-Cite). I am loving the new rear tail lights on the facelift models, is it possible to upgrade the ones on my one (pre facelift) to the new facelift ones? Has anyone done this already and was it a direct swap?

Thanks.

We have a guy coming in next week to buy a set to convert his so I'll let you know how he gets on 

I think the loom is different for the led version might be plugnplay with the older version 

They are supposedly plug and play, just make sure your donor lights come from UK/NI/Eire as LHD lamps are setup differently.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Malcster said:

We have a guy coming in next week to buy a set to convert his so I'll let you know how he gets on 

I think the loom is different for the led version might be plugnplay with the older version 

Thanks! Please do let me know how you get on!

4 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

They are supposedly plug and play, just make sure your donor lights come from UK/NI/Eire as LHD lamps are setup differently.

Just after I posted about this, I came across this video on Youtube which shows someone doing the swap and it looks pretty simple!

Video:

I watched his YouTube video of him fitting those.

I wouldn't mind fitting them.

How much do they cost though?

Does anyone know if the Auris TS facelift rear lights fit the pre- facelift?

Like to do the same to my 2015 Auris.

James.

10 hours ago, Auris James said:

Does anyone know if the Auris TS facelift rear lights fit the pre- facelift?

Like to do the same to my 2015 Auris.

Someone on the Auris forum might know :unsure:

• Like 1

Can confirm it is just plug and play. I didn't have any trouble with the install of mine yesterday, however I have previously replaced a tail light due to a cracked housing so had a bit of experience.

Makes a big difference to the look of the car! 😁

Bear in mind it is probably worthwhile to notify your insurer of the changeover. Mine didn't ask for any extra premium but better safe than sorry.

IMG_4157.jpeg

IMG_4158.jpeg

• Like 2

They look good.

Roughly how much did they cost Stew?, and I assume you got them from a Toyota dealerships parts counter?

Hi Brad,

I got both of the lights used from vehicles being broken for parts. I got one of them from Synetiq and the other from eBay. Cost was £150 for both but prices can vary. Hopefully you are able to find some at at reasonable price.

6 hours ago, BRAD M said:

They look good.

Roughly how much did they cost Stew?, and I assume you got them from a Toyota dealerships parts counter?

Hi Brad,

I spoke with Toyota today. They quoted £190 per side for the facelift ones. However I had managed to find them cheaper on eBay for £150 a side instead 🙂 Gonna be giving this fitting a go next week!

8 hours ago, stewr7 said:

Can confirm it is just plug and play. I didn't have any trouble with the install of mine yesterday, however I have previously replaced a tail light due to a cracked housing so had a bit of experience.

Makes a big difference to the look of the car! 😁

Bear in mind it is probably worthwhile to notify your insurer of the changeover. Mine didn't ask for any extra premium but better safe than sorry.

IMG_4157.jpeg

IMG_4158.jpeg

These look great! I cannot wait for mine to arrive from eBay so I can finally give this a go!

Are the connectors quite easy to access? As they look a bit tricky to access in the video that I posted earlier..

1 hour ago, TescoExpress said:

These look great! I cannot wait for mine to arrive from eBay so I can finally give this a go!

Are the connectors quite easy to access? As they look a bit tricky to access in the video that I posted earlier..

The connectors aren’t too bad to get to themselves once you have the trim held back. The most fiddly part is getting the clips to release when initially removing the old lights.

Can also be a bit tricky when removing the old lights as in addition to the screws it is held in place by metal clips which can be a bit tough (one of mine had rusted). I have attached a relevant page from the manual which might be helpful.

I would add having seen the technique in the video that rather than prising the plastic trim past the gas strut for the boot which could cause damage, it’s easier to use a flathead screwdriver to release the tab at the top of the gas strut to remove it for a second.

Hope this is useful info. All the best and hope installation goes smoothly! 😄

PNG image.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stewr7 said:

The connectors aren’t too bad to get to themselves once you have the trim held back. The most fiddly part is getting the clips to release when initially removing the old lights.

Can also be a bit tricky when removing the old lights as in addition to the screws it is held in place by metal clips which can be a bit tough (one of mine had rusted). I have attached a relevant page from the manual which might be helpful.

I would add having seen the technique in the video that rather than prising the plastic trim past the gas strut for the boot which could cause damage, it’s easier to use a flathead screwdriver to release the tab at the top of the gas strut to remove it for a second.

Hope this is useful info. All the best and hope installation goes smoothly! 😄

PNG image.png

Thanks for this! I will let you know how I get on when the lights arrive ! 🙂

So further update. Only 1 light had arrived from eBay, the next one is arriving tomorrow, this is what it looks like (excuse the old light) what a big difference! Very pleased and cant wait for the second one for the passengers side to arrive! 😀

IMG_0079.JPG

Looks great.  From what year Aygo are these facelift rear lights, is it 2020 inwards ?

It's a shame that the new facelift headlights with the integrated DRLs aren't a straight swap, as they look great also.

Looks great.  From what year Aygo are these facelift rear lights, is it 2020 inwards ?

It's a shame that the new facelift headlights with the integrated DRLs aren't a straight swap, as they look great also.

I have just been given a price from a breaker up North, £280 for both rear lights.

14 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I have just been given a price from a breaker up North, £280 for both rear lights.

I think these are from a 2019 onwards. I paid £260 for mine but I had to purchase from 2 seperate sellers on eBay. I agree about the front lights they do look really good on the facelift models!

• 2 weeks later...

I have sourced a set of facelift rear lights from a breaker for my daughters car and managed to get a second set at the same time for a neighbour who does not want them now, I'll offer to anyone for a decent price, way below breakers price.

Open to sensible offers if anyone is interested.

Fitted my facelift rear lights today (along with my upgraded stereo unit with carplay and android Auto).

They look excellent and are worth it.

I have a spare set of the existing rear lights and a spare set of the facelift lights if anyone is interested before I put them on eBay and Gumtree.

Photo attached is just one, as it would only let me upload one photo.

PXL_20201222_150122358.jpg

9 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Fitted my facelift rear lights today (along with my upgraded stereo unit with carplay and android Auto).

I have a spare set of the existing rear lights and a spare set of the facelift lights if anyone is interested before I put them on eBay and Gumtree.

PXL_20201222_150122358.jpg

I am struggling to source a facelift screen for my Aygo (facelift one). How easy is the screen to replace could you possibly post some instructions? I am looking at doing the same but as mentioned struggling to source a screen. - any advice on where to look would be helpful!

Also how much did your replacement stereo cost roughly if you dont mind me asking?

I paid £280 for the latest stereo with Android Auto/Carplay/DAB.  It is extremely easy to fit, everything on the dash just pops off and there is only 2 screws holding the stereo.  As of yesterday at 1pm, the breaker guy I bought mine from, just had another Aygo in and had another stereo.  If you PM me I'll give you his phone number.  But it will be up to you to ensure you have all the correct wiring, which will be there if you are replacing a stereo which is similar to mine.  I have my daughter's one available, but it does not have Android Auto etc.

9 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I paid £280 for the latest stereo with Android Auto/Carplay/DAB.  It is extremely easy to fit, everything on the dash just pops off and there is only 2 screws holding the stereo.  As of yesterday at 1pm, the breaker guy I bought mine from, just had another Aygo in and had another stereo.  If you PM me I'll give you his phone number.  But it will be up to you to ensure you have all the correct wiring, which will be there if you are replacing a stereo which is similar to mine.  I have my daughter's one available, but it does not have Android Auto etc.

Not to worry! I managed to source one last night and have just installed it. I cannot believe how easy it is to install! Carplay is fantastic.

Thanks for the offer though with the phone number!

Excellent, your car must have not had the little bugger of a box at the back.  Took us two hours to work it out.

You are right, it's a well worth upgrade, a no brainer, if you can afford it.