Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth adapter

Nunot25

Hello. I've bought an avensis wagon t25 2.2 d4d and as i'm used to have bluetooth i bought from eBay this "   Bluetooth handsfree A2DP USB adapter for Toyota Auris Avensis Mark X"  installed the device with the y cable, but unfortunately it doesn't work. The phone pair to car kit, but when i switch mode, just plays cd that is inserted. It's a toyota radio model 553904with navigation generation 01. Does anyone know solution for this? The y cable don't allow to work navugation and bluetooth device simultaneosly as it should. need help. Thank's.

Some of the bluetooth adapters don't work with some of the Nav' models. I am using a Bluetooth/USB adapter, and when I was research these devices, some of the suppliers stated that some navigation are not compatible or need a different wire connection! My stereo is basic, so has no issues. The bluetooth and USB functions work seamlessly, with good integration. You need to check with the manufacturer or seller. What brand is the adapter.    

Thank's a lot. What brand/model is your radio? And do you have toyota navigation system? Mine is gen 01 with radio w53904. 

On 11/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, Nunot25 said:

Thank's a lot. What brand/model is your radio? And do you have toyota navigation system? Mine is gen 01 with radio w53904. 

As I said earlier, mine is the standard stereo CD/radio without navigation - W53828. Here is one of my original posts on the subject - 

Read one of the posts regarding it working navigation systems.

My current adapter is Wefa with a better bluetooth and the USB is as good as first adapter I used.  

Reaaly aprecciate all your help, but i would like to know if does anyone can help me. I have the radio and sat nav (see picture pelase. I bought a lapower with Y cable but it doesn´t function properly. When i hook the two cables to y cable the lapower is recognized by bluetooth phone as a carkit, but i'm not able to switch in button mode to it. If i unplug the cable that was originaly hooked to radio ilapower works preaty well, but i lost all the functions of the navigation, trip informtion...

Does someone have the same problem and know the solution?

Thank's a lot in advance

radio toyota.jpg

There must be a compatibility issue or clash of devices between the LaPower adapter and the navigation unit. I wonder if the dip switches do anything that may help? I used to use the LaPower adapter, but it had a couple of shortcomings which made me change to the Wefa unit that performs better on the bluetooth side. The Wefa supports a later bluetooth standard, so I now use nav voice directions from the phone, I can give voice commands, and the audio is in stereo. The LaPower I had didn't do any of these (could be down to the phone I had), and the sound is in mono! Both models perform well when playing back USB memory sticks. 
Considering the age of the navigation unit, your phone will be superior, so you will be better off. I use Google maps and Here maps. Here maps is better because you can save the whole country and use navigation, if data is limited. Google can do similar, but you have to do regions at a time, plus htey self delete after a while. Here maps is permanent, like Tom Tom.
So I cannot help anymore. 

Thank's a lot. In fact i have allready thought of switch the nav display for that simple display that has some buttons and a scroll in the center, and gives information of trip, consumption range... do you think that's possible?

38 minutes ago, Nunot25 said:

What do you mean when you way " dip switches"?

On my version of the LaPower MP3 adapter, there are dip switches. 20201208_141026.thumb.jpg.c55c109f434c68de2baaa59fb5b2cbee.jpg20201208_141041.thumb.jpg.c564ad8d9a9c535ffe85f9ee1e410cef.jpg 

Ok. In the manual instructions it says that's for adapting volume do other brands, like bmw...

• Like 1

Thank's a lot. In fact i have allready thought of switch the nav display for that simple display that has some buttons and a scroll in the center, and gives information of trip, consumption range... do you think that's possible?

19 hours ago, Nunot25 said:

Thank's a lot. In fact i have allready thought of switch the nav display for that simple display that has some buttons and a scroll in the center, and gives information of trip, consumption range... do you think that's possible?

I personally cannot answer that, not owning a T25. Someone who knows may answer or a search on the forum or net might solve your query.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links